.10

☏stanley uris sat in the middle of his lonely park, watching birds through his binoculars

stanley uris sat in the middle of his lonely park, watching birds through his binoculars. he couldn't be happier at this moment, well actually he could if bill was with him. he was always his happiest when bill was with him.

as stan scanned the horizon line, he heard a horrible scream in the distance, startling him. he pulled his binoculars away as his heart raced with anxiety. he noticed someone running from across the park, so he pulled his binoculars back up to his eyes and searched for the person.

"help me! someone help please!"

it was a small child, probably about 7 or 8 running in his direction. as stan took a closer look, he saw a man coming out from behind the trees, running after him.

stan felt the sudden urge to help the kid, so he pushed himself off of the ground and ran as fast as he could towards them.

"hey! i've been looking all around for you! you're good at hid and seek, bud!" stan yelled as he approached the child, trying to keep as calm as he could.

the kid looked back at stan with wide eyes, not sure what to do. stan nodded very lightly in their direction, signaling for them to go along with him.

"hey!" the person finally caught up with the kid and looked at stan. "i'm so sorry my kid is bothering you. he doesn't really understand that he can't wander off like that." the man said, reaching out for the small boy.

"i'm actually baby sitting him. he's been with me all day, so i know he's not your kid." stan reached out for the boys hand and pulled him towards him.

the man looked at him, confused. obviously they both knew he wasn't baby sitting him all day, because he was with the man, but stan didn't think that through.

"listen here kid, we both know he's been with me all day, so i'm just gonna take him back now." stan thought fast as he kicked him in the crotch. the man toppled over in pain and stan swiftly picked up the boy. he ran as fast as he could out of the park, leaving all of his belongings behind, including his bird book. at this moment it didn't matter. all he wanted to do was to make sure the boy was safe.

stan lived about a minute away from the park, but since he was running, it took him about thirty seconds until he was unlocking his front door frantically and stepping inside, making sure the man wasn't there to see it.

stan put down the boy, who was now in complete hysterics and locked the door. he drew every single blind in the house before focusing his attention back on the boy.

"you're going to be safe with me ok? i promise. i know you're terrified right now, but you just have to trust me. i'm not like that bad man. i'm going to help you." stan kneeled down in front of the boy and hugged him. "shhh. you're going to be ok. i promise." stanley rubbed his back and hummed into his ear, calming him down.