.23

🌌bill woke up to his alarm he set at 4:30

🌌
bill woke up to his alarm he set at 4:30. usually he wouldn't need to get up this early, but since stan stayed the night, he had to sneak out before his parents got up for work.

he turned over to face stanley, who was already staring back at him in admiration. "m-morning stanny." bill mumbled tiredly. stan smiled at the new nickname and he hugged bill closer to his chest.

"stanny?" he teased, raising his eyebrow at the other boy, although bill couldn't see him. bill hummed in response, his eyes fluttering shut again as he got comfortable on stan's warm body. "bill, as much as i would love to stay, i don't want your parents to catch us."

bill's tired smile faltered into a frown as he slowly let go of stan. he felt his side of the mattress sink as stan slowly got out of bed and made his way to the door. "bye bill, i'll see you in a few hours at school. try not to miss me too much." he joked, but the expression on his face wasn't happy at all. although he tried to hide it, bill saw right through him, but he didn't say anything about it.

maybe it sounded stupid, but bill made stan the happiest he's ever been in a long time. little did he know that soon all of that happiness would vanish, and he would be left alone in the darkness of his own house.

stan walked up the front steps to his house as tears fell down his cheeks, hitting the wood below him. he didn't know why he was crying, but he assumed it was because of bill. maybe it was because of his separation anxiety and he couldn't stand being away from bill. he hated that he depended on the boy for so much, but it wasn't his choice, it was just how his brain worked. bill didn't mind though, he really loved the attention from stanley.

stanley placed his hand on the cold door knob and turned it, trying to not make any sound. his dad was a light sleeper, and he knew anything would set him off. stanley started to regret even leaving to go to bill's house. his dad was probably awake, waiting for him to step in the house so he could verbally abuse him.

his heart began to race as he opened the door, peeking into the dark house in front of him. in theory, everything should've felt so familiar to him, but of course his house still felt cold and foreign, even though he's lived there his whole life.

stan realized he wasn't in complete darkness as he stepped into the house. a small lamp in the kitchen was switched on. he squinted his eyes to let them adjust to the light, and he started to see a figure appear, sitting at the kitchen table.

he instantly felt light headed as his body turned stiff as a board. he didn't dare to move and he so badly wanted to close his eyes, but for some reason he couldn't. the dark shadow drew his curiosity in.