.7

☹bill denbrough placed his metal lunchbox on the table and sat down

bill denbrough placed his metal lunchbox on the table and sat down. he felt anxious because he knew people were staring at him, it's what they did every time. you'd think bill would be used to the whispers by now, but he certainly wasn't.

why did people think it was so bad that he sat by himself at lunch? why did they feel they need to talk about it amongst their friends?

bill's shaky hands opened up his lunch box and he reached inside, grabbing his peanut butter sandwich, with the crust cut off of course. he rarely ate lunch at school because he didn't like sitting alone and eating. there was something so embarrassing about it to him and it made his anxiety sky rocket.

today was different though. his stomach wouldn't stop growling as it longed for food, so bill had to suck it up and scarf down his sandwich in front of hundreds of kids.

as bill chewed carefully, he felt somebody sit down next to him and bill's body tensed up. nobody ever dared to sit with him, so why did someone sit down with him?

"sorry billy, i didn't mean to scare you." stanley said, chuckling slightly at the frightened boy.

"s-stan the man!" bill beamed as he placed his sandwich down on the bag and turned to look at the boy.

"how are you?" stan smiled, placing his elbow on the table and leaning his head on his hand. he stared back at bill lovingly as he waited for an answer.

"i-i'm good, w-what abou-" bill paused for a second as realization set in. "a-aren't you supposed t-to be in c-class?"

"yeah. i asked to go to the bathroom and on my way back i noticed you sitting alone. i didn't want you to get lonely, so i wanted to join." bill bit his lip, trying to hold back a smile as his cheeks quickly changed shades.

"th-that's sweet of y-you stan, but i-it's ok, i'm u-used to it." bill lowered his head in sorrow, looking away from the boy. he didn't want to show him his weak side.

"really? i'd imagine a pretty boy like you would have plenty of people following you around." stan playfully smiled at bill, although bill couldn't see it.

"nobody follows me around, so i guess that doesn't really make me a 'pretty boy'"

stan's heart sunk. how could bill think he's not pretty? he wished that bill wasn't so self conscious of himself. stan saw bill as the cutest boy out there and he wish bill saw that in himself too.

"that's not true." stan watched as he placed his right hand next to bill's on the seat, and then he gazed back up to look at bill.

"wh-where's the p-people then?" bill averted his attention back to stan's face, making eye contact with the boy. bill's eyes grew heavy as a few tears threatened to spill.

stan slowly picked up his left hand and pointed his finger to his chest, looking bill straight in the eyes.

"bill denbrough, you've got me wrapped around your little finger." stan inched his right hand towards bill's, and placed it on top of his hand. bill blushed, yet again, as he looked down at their hands.

"i-i do?"

"i wouldn't have said it if it wasn't the truth." stan smiled with his teeth, getting lost in bill's ocean eyes.

"s-stan!" bill whispered, jumping back slightly. stan looked back at bill as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. stan's hand become cold again from the lack of contact. he watched the boy pick up his sandwich and shove it in his face.

that's when stan felt a tap on his shoulder. stan whipped around to see who it was and it was no other than mrs. harvey, his algebra teacher.

"stanley uris, office. now." she glared at poor stanley, who was now shaking in his boots. he never got in trouble with a teacher before and he was never good at handling these situations. it normally ended up with him bawling his eyes out, begging for forgiveness.

bill watched stan as he stood up and walked in front of the teacher. he could see how terrified stanley was, and all bill wanted to do was run up behind him and hug him.

bill felt like it was his fault that stanley got in trouble. if it wasn't for him sitting alone, stan wouldn't have come in there in the first place. if stan just went back to algebra, he would've been ok.

bill denbrough wasn't over exaggerating when he said all eyes were on him at the moment. 

everybody all saw what just happened to stan, and now they all had questions of their own.

bill's heart started beating faster as the room fell silent. his eyes were wide as he scanned the room, making eye contact with every single person. he tried to control himself the best he could, but his anxiety got the best of him and he started to hyperventilate.

like bill has said before, he hated being the center of attention. any time a crowd of people showed him any form of it, it usually ended in a panic attack.

so there he was, sitting in the middle of the cafeteria, having a full on panic attack in front of his peers as they all watched him in shock.

there was a certain group of people who couldn't stand to watch this anymore. so the three of them got up and ran out of the room, but not before one of them grabbed bill denbrough and dragged him out of the cafeteria.

"bill, breathe ok? just take deep breaths. everything will be ok." the girl whispered to him as she grabbed his hand, following the two boys in front of her.

they walked at a fast pace towards the bathrooms, practically running to get there. bill kept tripping on his own feet because his vision was so blurry from crying.

the taller boy of the two, pushed open the boys bathroom door, screaming for the group of teenage boys to get out.

"get the fuck out of here or i'll suck your dicks." he screamed, hoping it would scare them away, and it did.

oh richie tozier and his weird sense of humor.

beverly marsh held on tightly to bill as she walked into the boys bathroom, not caring that she didn't belong in there.

eddie kaspbrak locked the door behind them and ran over to beverly, who picked bill up and placed him on the sink top.

"bill. listen to me. breathe in. breathe out." beverly took both of his hands into hers and stared him in the eyes.

"we are here for you, just trust us."