six; a large friend group.

chapter six!
( a large friend group. )
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
finn
I WOKE UP in an unfamiliar place to my head pounding.

"shit." i grumbled, sitting up and grabbing my phone, which was thankfully on the side table.

12:48 p.m.

"shit!" i said again, looking in the floor to see a peacefully sleeping jack.

"jack, wake up, man." i said, loud enough for him to hear, but not loud enough to where my head wouldn't pound.

"i'm up. you need some advil, man?" he sat up and looked towards me, his hair sticking up in all sorts of ways.

"yeah, bro. where's millie? i could've sworn she was here last night." i said, looking around my room for the girl.

jack smirked at me, something that i've been seeing a lot lately when i speak of millie.

"she's in one of caleb's extra rooms. he has like, 8 more." he answered, chuckling at caleb's gigantic household.

"i got wasted last night, bro. did millie and i makeout? i hope so, cause then gaten owes me 30 bucks," i asked, hoping i would get this week's gas money out of gaten.

jack laughed loudly, making my head pound.

"shit, bro, that's funny. millie is honestly, and no offense when i say this, but she is way out of your league, dude. like, she's so out of your league, that you guys aren't even playing the same sport anymore. you're like t-ball and she's like MLB. seriously, like-" jack went on and on before i cut him off.

"shut the fuck up, grasser, i just wanted to know. you don't have to put my face in the dirt, damn." i said, using the nickname that the guys and i gave jack a few years back.

"but i am determined to get a makeout session with that girl. no joke. she looks like a bomb ass kisser." i said, practically drooling over the british girl.

"okay, bro. you can try. but i'm gonna go get you some advil. want some OJ, too?" jack asked me, standing up as i nodded my head to him, issuing him out the door.

i was determined to get a makeout session with her.

and i only had a week left before winter break to do it.

____
jack

i waltzed down caleb's steps, still chuckling to myself at my best friend's hopeless attempts.

as i walked to the kitchen to find the advil, there was a figure already reaching for them, with orange juice in their hand, but they were too short to reach.

i stepped closer and easily grabbed the bottle, as the girl turned around.

"hey, i almost had that!" millie laughed, making me smile.

"who is this for?" i asked, handing her the bottle after grabbing 2 for finn.

"oh, i was going to get finn some advil, i figured he needed it. i've been up since early trying to get this house picked up a little, just waiting on everyone else to wake. who is yours for?" she told me, as i looked around at the semi cleaned house.