twenty; and then there was lulu.

chapter twenty!
( and then there was lulu. )
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
millie

RING. ring. ring.

i groaned loudly as my phone buzzed on my night stand table, awaking me.

it was wednesday now, meaning only two days left of hell- i mean- i.s.s was due for me. wyatt hadn't spoken of jaeden since monday night, jaeden hadn't spoken to wyatt since before then, and finn and i hadn't associated much with eachother since monday, either.

ring.

i checked the clock, seeing it was 3:30 am, and groaned once more.

ring.

"bloody hell! it's three in the morning, what could possibly be so important?!" i yelped to the caller, not checking the caller id.

"hello, love. i'm sorry, i've seemed to've forgotten of the time zones," the caller spoke, his thick british accent oozing from his words while my mouth opened at the oh so familiar sound of his voice.

i hadn't heard his voice in months- closer to a year, it seemed. i hadn't talked to him, i hadn't texted him, and vice versa. we didn't speak much anymore. i didn't think he still cared.

"dad?" i asked in almost a whisper, trying to keep my voice from cracking.

"hey, love. listen, i've completely forgotten of the time zones, so i'll get to the point and let you sleep. i want you to come stay with me for a few days, here in england. i've already got the tickets and consulted your mum, and you'll be here in a couple weeks. you and i can spend a little time together, yeah?" my father told, making my eyes well up a little more.

"what do you mean tickets? there's only one of me," i asked.

"i want you to bring yourself a friend. i know it'll be a little tough, love, but having a friend there will help. and plus, they'll get to experience england, too. now, head back to bed. we'll talk later. i love you," he spoke, the three words he ended the call with ringing throughout my ears.

i sat my phone back down, my mouth open.

"i love you."

why didn't i feel like my father loved me? like i was the one child that couldn't do anything right? he left my mum and i couldn't do anything of it, and my mum was only allowed to take me. he didn't care enough for me.

i threw the covers off of myself, letting the chilly air hit my legs. i carried myself to jack's door and tiptoed into his room before stopping myself.

why would he care? it's my business. not his. leave him alone, you problematic bitch.

and with that, i trotted myself back to my room quietly, not bothering anyone or anything except for myself.

i didn't sleep anymore that night. how could i? my father, who i presumed wouldn't talk to me again, had called me. he had called me, and wanted me to stay with him for a few days, for what reason? and why hadn't my mum told me? so many thoughts ran through my head that night. so many terrible thoughts, happy thoughts, terrifying thoughts and everything in between.