thirty; slow down.

chapter thirty!
( slow down. )

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗SADIE AND SOPHIA weren't shocked to see finn behind millie's front door when the walked downstairs to answer it, but they weren't happy about it, either

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
SADIE AND SOPHIA weren't shocked to see finn behind millie's front door when the walked downstairs to answer it, but they weren't happy about it, either.

"what do you want, finn?" sophia rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her body as sadie eyes him up and down, seeing the large bruise that covered his jaw and smirking at it.

"i want to talk to her. please. you can punch me, you can call me names, but just let me talk to her. alone," he begged, looking the each in the eyes. all that was behind his deep orbs was regret, sincerity, and sadness.

sadie was the first to speak, uncrossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "this isn't some cliche romance movie. you get but only one chance to prove yourself, and I think you've proven yourself to be just like everyone said." she scoffed, disregarding him and sophia as she walked herself back up the stairs, leaving sophia and finn to tend to themselves.

finn looked to sophia with begging eyes. "please, let me talk to her."  sophia gave him an amused look.

"sympathy never was my thing. I don't feel anything but hatred towards you. sorry 'bout your luck. try to come back another time. toodles," she spat, slamming the door in his face and returning to her group, who were in the middle of watching moana.

"was that him?" asked millie with a roll of her eyes and a crack in her voice.

"yep. we shut him down though," responded sophia, though millie couldn't help but be kind of disappointed. the thing was, she almost wanted to see him. she wanted to hear what he had to say.

"oh."

and with that, they all watched the remainder of moana, before everyone bid their goodbyes and went home, exception being millie and jack. jack stayed in her room for a few minutes, the two staying in a comfortable silence, scrolling through their phones. "crap, it's almost midnight, mils. we better get in bed, we've got school tomorrow," jack said, hopping from his spot to go to his room.

millie visibly cringed at the thought of going to school. she didn't want to see finn and carly together. "i'm not going to school tomorrow," she stated, getting out of bed and walking to her bathroom to get ready to take a shower.

"oh. well, okay then. but i do have school, so goodnight. i'll see you tomorrow. i love you." he moved over to hug millie, when she smiled deeply.

"i love you, too, jack. thank you for caring for me."

they parted from their hug and jack walked to his room, settling in for the night, while millie started the shower water. millie took a long shower, letting her mind run wild and the tears run down her face silently. she didn't want to cry anymore over him, but she couldn't help it.

after she got out of the shower and was dried off, she saw that it was nearly 1 am, so she put on her clothes and went to bed, ready for the next day to be all to herself.

the next day, millie woke up at around 10 am to a knock on her door. she groggily made her way down the steps and to the front door, not even bothering to do anything but brush her teeth.

she opened her door quickly and sleepily, not caring at who was behind her door until she saw them. when she did, her groggy eyes widened and her droopy frown turned to a face of hurt.

"what are you doing here, finn?" she asked curtly, looking to her socked feet so she wouldn't have to face him.

he hesitated for a minute, before bringing two fingers under her chin and lifting them to where she was looking at him. they stared in each others eyes for a moment, finn seeing nothing but hurt and millie seeing nothing but regret.

"i wanted to apologize. please know that this comes from the bottom of my heart, millie, and i mean every word i'm about to say," he started, letting out a deep sigh. "i honestly couldn't tell you why i did it, except that i was jealous that you weren't with me at the dance and the old me took over. i didn't think it would hurt you because we aren't together, but then i realized that it did. i agreed to go back with her on monday because i was afraid if i didn't, she would make it her mission to tell you. i regret it completely, and i want you to know that i understand if you don't accept my apology. i understand if you never want to speak to me again, because i wouldn't. i truly thought that you had changed me. a-and, you did. you did change me. you know how i know? because i wouldn't be standing here, begging for you to accept my apology if i didn't change. i wouldn't give a damn if you had caught me if i hadn't changed. i'm not asking for you to want me back, because i know that is probably impossible. but i am asking for you to accept my apology. and if there's any chance of you wanting me, just know i would never do that to you again. just know that i haven't even been away from you for a full day and i already miss you. you made me feel like I wasn't what everyone came to believe. now, I don't think I'll believe anything I hear ever again. i'm so, so sorry millie."

by the end of his speech, millie was in tears and finn tried his hardest to hold back his, but knowing that he hurt millie didn't help. he let one or two slip, before quickly moving his hand to wipe them away. millie took a deep breath to try and contain the tears. she wanted to be strong. she wanted to hate him.

there was a long silence between the two, the only sound being the sound of millie trying to regain her poise.

"finn, i'm not one to hold grudges. so i'm going to accept your apology. i would rather put this in our past than to not have you around. just know that this is your last chance. fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. but i'm not so sure i can be with you. i need assurance that you're not going to do this again, so for now, anything that previously happened, didn't happen. we're starting over. hi, i'm millie," millie spoke, every word coated with her accent filling finn with hope as she stuck out her hand for him to shake.

he grabbed her hand gently and gave it a little shake. "hi, millie. i'm finn. you have the most lovely accent and i'm eager to get to know you."

THE END.

AUTHORS NOTE!

oh dear god. it's over. all that's left is the epilogue and this book is over. i'm not going to get sentimental in this chapter, but in the epilogue you bet your ass my authors note will be sappy.

okay, see you in the epilogue.💋