twenty-five; pity equals dress shopping.

chapter twenty-five!
( pity equals dress shopping. )
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
third person

he had left.

wyatt had ran as fast as he could out of jaeden's house, tears streaming down his face.

he regretted it, but he couldn't turn back now.

he got into lulu's car, her immediately pulling him into a hug. she shushed him and calmed him, his sobs filling the silence that was once there. she didn't know what happened exactly, but she knew it wasn't good.

"what happened?" she asked.

he pulled away from the hug and sniffed, wiping his eyes. he wasn't crying and pitying himself for something that he caused.

"i asked him what was up and why he was so sad, but he wouldnt tell me. so i kept bugging him, knowing he wasn't in a good mindset, and yelled at him to tell me. and he did. you know what he told me? he told me he reciprocated his feelings for me. so, like the dumbass i am, i fucking zoomed out of his house. god, i'm an idiot," wyatt explained, lulu's eyes widening.

she didn't know what to say. she was ecstatic that wyatt's crush likes him back. however, she was also scared that wyatt could've just messed up badly.

"oh my– oh wow. okay. let's get you home wyatt. you can talk to him tomorrow about it."

"no. i can't. but just take me home. i'll figure something out." wyatt sniffed. lulu didn't try to argue with him, she knew him all too well to do that.

the car ride to his house was silent, the only sound being the occasional whimper that left wyatt's mouth as he tried to keep himself from sobbing.

he thanked her when she dropped him off and hurriedly made his way to his room, sneaking past his mom and eli.

he collapsed onto his bed and sighed, wondering how he could ever make things right with his best friend(?)

___

millie rushed through the school doors, seeing sophia and sadie waiting on her at her locker as per usual.

"hey guys," she breathed out. she had almost been late for school, due to a tricky mishap with the toaster.

"hey," the red heads replied in unison, filling in millie on the daily gossip. apparently, sadie wanted jack to ask her to be his girlfriend, but he wouldn't.

they continued that conversation until wyatt caught up with the group, baggy eyes and a hoarse voice.

"oh, my god, wyatt. you look awful!" sophia spat, not realizing what she had said until afterwards, when she covered her mouth with her hand. wyatt laughed a dry and fake laugh, getting weird looks from the rest of the group.

"okay, what's wrong?" sadie inquired, crossing her arms and giving wyatt a 'mom' look.

wyatt sighed and went on to explain his embarrassing story to the group, only leaving out jaeden's name. they didn't know he was gay.