twenty-four; a little caught up.

chapter twenty-four!
( a little caught up. )
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS HOMOPHOBIC SLURS. I WILL PUT A WARNING SYMBOL () BY THEM, SO IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO READ THEM, YOU WILL HAVE THE WARNING.

3rd person

JAEDEN WAS BAFFLED. he couldn't believe what he had just heard.

him? "caught up" in wyatt?

they were just friends. everything they did was completely platonic. right?

right?!

he walked back into the restaurant, wiping his tears before doing so.

he decided against telling the couple waiting on him why she broke up with him. what's wrong with a little white lie? jaeden didn't want wyatt to think he was a freak.

but wyatt would never think that.

"hey, guys," jaeden spoke when he was back to the table.

wyatt instantly noticed that something was up.

"what's wrong, jae?"

"gracie just broke up with me..."

"what?" he asked, flabbergasted. "why?!"

jaeden froze.

i can't tell him the truth, he thought, that will scare him away.

"i don't know. she didn't say," he lied, grabbing his belongings and leaving his money for his meal on the table. 

"i can't be here anymore, though. i'm sorry, guys. i just need to be alone right now."

and with that, jaeden was out the restaurant, leaving wyatt and lulu's mouths wide open.

lulu moved to where jaeden and gracie once sat — in front of wyatt — and looked towards him sympathetically.

he looked back at her, admiring for a second. he couldn't help but admit, through all the hell he was going through with everything, lulu really made it suck less. her and millie are really the only people who he could 100% always trust with everything. lulu had that effect on everyone. she was trustworthy. she was the nicest person you'd ever meet. one look at her could brighten your day.

"well... this date didn't end too well, now did it?" lulu chuckled, trying her hardest to lighten the mood. it worked. for a mere second, it worked.

"i guess not. jaeden didn't even eat his food," wyatt stated, nodding his head to the completely filled plate of steak.

"let's go check on him. i'll take you to his house and wait on you outside."

"are you sure?"

"of course!" and with that, the pair had left the money atop the table and was on their way out of the restaurant.

the hopped into lulu's car, her immediately turning on some 80s music, and wyatt gave her directions to jaeden's house. he knew his address by heart, being as they used to be inseparable. used to be.