sixteen; happy new year.

chapter sixteen!
( happy new year. )
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
millie

"MILLIE, YOU AREN'T in trouble. i've literally told you sixty times. yes, i'm disappointed that you got into a fight, but i am extremely proud of you for standing up for your friends. however, we'll talk more whenever i get home from work. i love you, sweetheart. don't stress it too much, alright?" my mum stated over the phone. i responded with a mere "alright." and clicked the red button, ending the call.

jack and i sat on the sofa after school, watching high school musical.

jack was into it, but i was stressed out. i didn't know why i cared so much about the fight, but i did. i felt as if i had let myself and my friends down. i wasn't a fighter. i didn't want to be known as one. but something inside me was channeled (eleven who?). i couldn't stand to see finn in pain. it physically hurt me. and it caused me to physically hurt someone else.

"okay. i've turned the volume up like four times already, yet i can still hear you over there huffing around and being stressed. what the fuck's up?" jack paused the movie and looked to me, awaiting an answer that i myself wasn't aware of.

"i honestly don't know. why do i feel bad? why do i feel bad for beating the fuck out of her? i barely remember it. all i remember is seeing her.. seeing her hurt him. it made me angry. i- i.. all i could see was red. and all i could think ... was that she wasn't going to mess with finn. i mean, with any of us. why?" i vented to jack, placing my head on his shoulder and letting out a puff of air.

he rubbed circles around my back comfortingly and thought it over.

"you need to tell him."

"tell him what?"

"that you like him. no- you more than like him. you'd beat the fuck out of some skank for him, you'd be extremely nice to him, you'd take care of him when he's drunk, you'd ignore all of the things that have been said about him. you don't know why.. or- or how. but you know that you feel something for him... right?" he trailed off, leaving me wondering what he was talking about.

then i got it. jack and i were in the same situation.

___
finn

it was way after midnight and i was tossing and turning. i had one thing on my mind. and one thing only.

millie.

she's all i had thought of. i thought of the hug we shared. even more than that, i thought of the fight and the risk she had gotten into. i thought of just how badly she had hurt carly, and for what? for me? why would someone like millie care so much for someone like me.

i couldn't take it any longer. i grabbed my phone from the night stand and opened it up, going straight to the facetime app.

i clicked on jack's name and let the annoying ringtone play for three times until a groggy jack picked up.

"what the fuck, finn?! it's 3 in the damn morning! your ass better be getting robbed right now!" he scolded angrily, his bed hair visible through the screen.

"god, i can't get her off my mind. she's all i think about. she's all i've been thinking about. i legit can't sleep, bro," i complained, hearing him scoff.