fourteen; 21 savage.

chapter fourteen!
( 21 savage. )
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
finn

MILLIE PULLED INTO panera bread, parking her car since the one we were at didn't have a drive thru.

"come on, or do you want to stay in the car?" she looked towards me when the car's engine was shut down, giving me a half smile that made my heart melt.

i stared at her idiotically, thinking of scenarios where i would answer her with a passionate kiss or a flirty remark.

"yeah, i love panera!" i exclaimed.

what the actual fuck did i just say? seriously?!

she gave me a weird smile and an awkward laugh.

"okay, kid. let's go then," she let out one last breath of laughter before shaking her head and getting out of the car.

i sat there for a slight moment, contemplating on what the heck i had just said to her.

i was doomed. i had never felt the way i did for a girl. she was ruining me. my palms were sweaty. my laugh was awkward and breathy. my comments weren't as smooth. she was like a puppeteer and i was her little puppet. she could pull one little string and i would fall flat on my face. and the worst part was, i wouldn't care to let her.

i finally pulled on her silver door handle and headed towards the shivering girl, who was polite enough to wait on me to get out of the car before she entered the restaurant.

i quickly walked infront of her before she could open the door, and swiftly let her in.

she giggled. "wow. such a gentleman," she gave a smirk before waltzing herself into the panera. my knees went weak.

"damn it," i mumbled, walking into the warm building to where millie was ordering.

she got some fancy ass salad along with a healthy strawberry banana smoothie. i was surprised she didn't get a cup of tea.

i walked over to the counter where they made the smoothies and tea and looked at all of the different options of tea.

"honey ginger? that sounds like a shampoo," i said to millie when she walked towards me. she laughed her beautiful laugh at my thoughts on tea.

"oh my goodness. it's actually quite nice if you'd try it, finnie," she smiled, her ravishing british accent oozing from her mouth.

god, what is she doing to me??

"i-i'm sure it is," i stuttered out.

she gave me one last weird look before that buzzer thing started to go off in her small hand, and she walked over to the lady holding her smoothie and salad to go.

she smiled kindly to the woman, grabbing her bag and smoothie and issuing a polite thank you.

we walked out of the panera faster than we walked in, hoping the car was still warm.

once we entered her car and she had the heat on, she looked towards me, who was yet again staring at her.

"okay, what is going on with you?" she chuckled, placing her hands in her lap. she looked towards me, patiently awaiting my answer.