Chapter 2

Three years have passed in this boring life of mine which includes sleeping in a large margin.

Interesting things had happened. I finally learned my name. It's Zackaya Divine Grace Walxt. I am born a noble, but I was said to be a cursed child.

My mother died when she was giving birth to me while on my 1st birthday, my cousin was killed. On the 2nd, my aunt and her family died. And on my recent third birthday, I was told that a relative far away in the family tree got sick which was incurable at the moment.

Because of the rumors that started to circulate around me, nobody dared to approach me. It felt like the shadow of death was looming over me.

I was an outcast in the society.

But I didn't care.

My family has a large influence here in the city. A large influence on the military troops.

A large window was the only source of light in my room, and with this I could always see everyday my older brother, a boy with icy blue eyes and  blonde hair, practicing his magic which is fire. He also practices swordmanship, a practice that I admired the most.

I would always copy him hiding beside the window with an imaginary sword. It was a tiresome task, but I figured that I was improving a bit day by day.

The maids would only leave my meal outside of my room and they would only enter if I was not there or asleep. This caused me to be self taught on various things, combing my hair and dressing up my clothes.

My affinity for magic is going to be tested on my seventh birthday though.

But with all this hard work, I fell asleep. Again.

Llousander's POV

My name is Llousander Zefner Walxt. I am the older brother of Zackaya.

I always see my younger sister watching me,  every single day in her bedroom. She looked so lonely and depressed.

She was thought to be a cursed child, one that I could never understand.

I am one too. But no one knows about this except for father.

I have an affinity towards fire. I could sense the fire particles in the air and mold them into my desired spell with an incantation.

I was said to be a child prodigy, but I believed that my younger sister is smarter.

I could always see formulas on her wall, scribbled by a stick and lumps of gooey substances on the floor.

I opened the door to her room and she was sleeping on the floor. Again.

I scooped her up, carried her to her bed and tucked her in. My little sister is very beautiful. Thin, red luscious lips, adorable icy blue with a tint of silver eyes, and luscious, curly black hair with blue strands here and there.

I cleaned up her room which was a task for me everyday and watched her sleeping.

I closed her door and headed to my own room and collapsed on the bed.

There was a knock outside my door, and a maid called out.

"Mr. Llousander, your father is requesting your presence in the study."

I opened the door rather forcefully which caused the maid to stumble a bit.

I walked briskly to the study and opened the door with my father gesturing me to sit down.

"You've been visiting your sister again it seems."

I raised him an eyebrow.

"I warned you to stop seeing her yet you disobeyed me. Again."

"Is it against the rules to visit her?" My voice was calm and steady.

"You know that Llousander." He glared at me.

"Is it against the rules of the country father? It seems that it isn't. "

"Llousander Zefner Walxt, I am your father!"

"And she is my sister. Do you have any problem with that? If there is nothing else, then excuse me."

I bowed silently and left the room.

"Llousander Zefner Walxt!" I ignored him.

Seriously, why are you all so afraid of her?