Chapter 32

"Bold letters means flashbacks"

Xyzer's POV

"Xyzer Ferrous, I proclaim you as the successor of this household."

"NO!"

"Xyzer, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Zyfer's worried face. Seeing his not-so stupid face, I, therefore, conclude that it was all just a dream. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"What happened?"

"I had a nightmare, obviously," I chuckled. "I dreamed that you killed a wyvern before me," Which is a lie, but I hoped that it would work just like all the times that it did.

His face showed relief as he raised his fist to punch me. I quickly evaded to the right. He pinched my sides instead, causing a great deal of pain. I whimpered and glared at him.

"You had me worried for a second," he heaved a sigh.

"You should probably go back to sleep. The show's over," I replied hoping that he would go back to his room. Looking at his disheveled hair and crumpled clothes, he probably rushed to go here in the middle of the night.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure." Just please leave.

"I thought you'd cry, "Big Brother!" and ask me to sleep with you for the night," he chuckled.

I chucked a pillow at his head causing him to laugh even more. My face became red in embarrassment.

"That was ten years ago!" I retaliated by throwing another pillow at him. His laughter reverberated in the whole room.

THAT WAS EMBARASSING.

Should I laugh or cry? Cry that he could easily bring up anything about me or be happy that he is now so carefree?

Thank the heavens for that.

Or should I thank Zackaya instead?

GARDEN

SCHOOL GROUNDS

"What would you like for lunch?" I lifted my head to see her, smiling at me.

"Weird," I offhandedly comment. This is Zackaya we are talking about. The Zackaya I know wouldn't ask me what I want to eat for lunch with a smile on her face. Unless she has an ulterior motive.

"That was kind of offensive, to be honest," her smile collapsed into a frown. "Can't I be concerned for a friend?" She sat beside me and grabbed the book I was reading.

I tried to reach it back yet she would not allow me to.

She was grinning. I gave her a flat glare.

"Awww, poor Xyzer can't get his book back?" She cooed with those sickly, sweet voice that almost every lady I know uses. I badly want to cuss, hearing that tone again.

Knowing Zackaya, her manners do not befit a noble. I believe that she forgets her title sometimes causing wild rumors to spread behind her back. Not that she cares, but its kind of hard not to ignore it, especially if it concerns someone you know for a quarter of your life.

"Return it to the library then," at least I won't be berated by the librarian or asked for library fee. I tried to stand but she pulled me causing me to sit down.

"Look here-" the words I wanted to say died down when I saw the look in her eyes.

It was deep and clouded.

Eyes that were so familiar that it sent chills down my spine.

"Could I talk to you for a minute?"