Chapter 3

Zackaya's POV

I am turning five this year. Last year, one of my cousins went missing. I know. But I don't care.

I could sense that father invited assassins to kill me, but I could always escape without harm.

I could sense that someone was protecting me, but I wonder who?

I was heading to the library undetected because I saw a hidden pathway from my room to the library.

I would spend hours in there, trying to understand a bit of the world's history. But I am too lazy to explain it to you.

I saw that my older brother already has a fiance. One of those sickly sweet ones, trying to gain his favor by playing different instruments. But I could see that he was trying to be polite at the same time trying to hide his disgust.

This was the third time this year. She was the longest one so far who stayed here. I could not stand her, so I glared at her every morning, frightening her into thinking that a ghost resides in this mansion. I heard it from my own intelligence network, which are the maids of course.

I stifled a yawn as I tried to clean up my room for once. But I'm too tired. I'll sleep again, I think.

~Time Skip, 2 years later~
I was supposed to go to the park today for the ceremony. Nobles and commoners are mixed together, hoping that these could teach the nobles how to understand how the commoners live their lives.

This actually caused the opposite though. But I think that the officials are too laid back to care.

I wore a black hood and brown pants with black boots as I headed there. Nobody dared to greet me a happy birthday after all.

No one cares if I am missing, so I could take the test freely with a disguise.

There were three people wearing white clothes atop a platform holding a round device that was crystal clear.

Every kid was called to the platform in terms of who came first to register and who came last.

I was in the middle to not attract attention unneeded.

"Prince Demetrix Lloyd Escueho." A booming voice echoed. That was the third prince who was called.

A violet haired kid with lilac eyes approached the platform and placed his hand on the crystal ball.

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet which are the colors of the rainbow are used to determine your mana capacity. Red as the lowest with Violet as the highest.

If you have low mana capacity, then you could only gather a few particles in the air which corresponds to your element and use it in an incantation.

It seems that he has Blue. Quite rare if I say so myself.

Next, he was a given a necklace. If he wears it, then he can easily gather the magic particles in the air which corresponds to his element and the necklace change color depending in what magic particles are gathered.

It is Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Light and Darkness.

His necklace then lits up and became yellow with a mix of blue. It seems that he is a air and water user.

The line dragged on until it was time for me to go up.

"Divine Grace." They called.

I dragged on with a heavy heart and placed my hands on the crystal ball. It lit up a few seconds before it turned into green. It's quite impressive, I think.

Next, I was given a necklace and it lit up. It became blue with a mix of black. It seems that I am water and darkness user.

I ignored the gasps of the people surrounding me, just jumped off the stage and yawned.

I want to sleep.

I dragged my heavy body to one of the benches and closed my eyes. My consciousness started to drift away.