Chapter 9

Third Person's POV

"Is she okay?" A man asked the water spirit sitting beside the girl.

"She's fine. I'm guessing her memories are starting to come back."

"Tsk. Never knew it would be that fast."

"Hn."

"Are you going to continue to stick to her?"

"Of course. I am one of her spirits after all."

"Take good care of her for me."

Midnight didn't reply. The man let out a sigh and walked out of the room.

"If you really cared for her, why did you let her feel abandoned after all this years?" He muttered.

~•~
A knock was heard from the front door and a servant opened it.

"Is this the house of my old friend Walxt?" A blue haired man with green eyes asked the servant.

"If you are talking about Duke Walxt, then yes, it is." The servant hesitated to answer but answered all the same.

"Tell him that it is his old friend Fratello who is visiting."

'Fratello?! The high ranked general?!' The servant thought.

"Yes I am indeed." The jolly man laughed after the expression on the servant's face.

"Pardon my rudeness General Sky." The servant bowed.

"It's fine." He waved his hand dismissing that small matter.

"I will find Master now." The servant bowed again before leaving the man in the door.

"Rude. He left me standing in the door. That is not very courteous of him." Fratello muttered.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" A girl with adorable icy blue eyes with a tint of silver and black curly hair with blue strands stood before the general.

"My name is Fratello Sky. I am a high ranking general." He boasted.

"Awesome. Can I be a general when I grow up too?" She asked.

"If you wish for it my dear." He smiled and patted her head.

"Fratello Sky, 28 years old. Acquired the title of General at the age of 25. Quite impressive. Has an affinity for fire and air. Mana capacity is Blue." The girl stared at him.

'What the? How did this girl figure out?' Confusion etched his face.

"When you touched me, I sensed the mana you can accumulate from your surroundings, the capacity your body can take and I read you once in the history books. Grim taught me how to do that."

"Impressive. How old are you little girl?" He asked surpressing his shock.

"Seven. In a few months I will be eight years old."

"May I know who you are?" He asked while thinking how perfect his son would be for this girl.

"It may cause chaos so call me Divine Grace."

'Just how important is this little girl that even knowing her identity will bring chaos?'

"Princess!" A blue haired man appeared from the courtyard, seemingly tired from running.

"So slow Midnight." She pouted

"When did you start to run that quick?" He asked, panting out of breath.

"Grim taught me."

"And who is this man I presume?" Midnight asked.

"He said he's a general. Come on Midnight! You told me you were going to teach me the basics!" She angrily stomped.

"Fine. Let's go Princess."

"Bye bye Mr. General!" She waved her hands as she ran towards Midnight.

Fratello watched the departing figures until they were out of sight.

"General Sky, Master is awaiting for your presence at his study. I will be escorting you." The servant bowed.

"By the way, does a girl with black curly hair and icy blue eyes live here?" He asked the servant.

"I do not know General. Except fot the guest which has blue eyes, there have been no sightings of the girl you have mentioned. " (Zackaya's face is only known by a few people so it is not a surprise that the servants do not know Zackaya.)

"Hn. Lead the way." Fratello mentioned the servant to lead the way.

"As you wish General."

~•~
"Who was that Zackaya?" Midnight asked the little girl who was swinging the sword nonstop.

She just woke up a few hours ago and insisted to ask Midnight to teach her how to use a sword. She was stubborn enough to not listen to his pleas. Even when he coaxed her to sleep, she insisted that she slept well enough.

"General Fratello Sky. Father of Xine Lmntrix Sky."

"Wait, isn't he?!" Midnight looked surprised.

"Yes, he is."

"Then why bother associating yourself with the capture targets?"

"I'm going to keep my distance of course. I just want assurance if ever that time ever comes."

"Princess."

"Teach me again that move you made!"

"Anything for you Princess."