Chapter 16

Chapter 16 DOTH

Zackaya's POV

Here am I now traveling in a carriage to some unknown destination.

Well, considering that I do not know the exact location of the Academy, it should be safe to assume that I am kidnapped.

For me, being kidnapped is taking someone by force to some unknown destination.

That is clearly what is happening to me right now.

But if I were kidnapped, then my kidnapper would be the kindest in the world.

Who gives biscuits and tea to his hostages? Who gives pillows and blankets? Who assures that his hostages will have a safe ride?

None I presume.

If was to go back to the notion of being kidnapped, then my father would be the kidnapper.

He forced me to leave my bed. My bed. My bed. Because important things should be said thrice.

He forced me to wear a dress and pack up my things to some unknown land.

Fortunately, I have my butler beside me who seems to have taken a liking to the scenery.

"Rione, is this the first time you have traveled?"

"Yes, it is Young Miss. I have long since wondered when I could get out of the city walls and explore new destinations. That was made possible because of you Young Miss." He smiled softly at me.

"Would you believe if I told you that this is my first time traveling far out?" I asked him curiously.

"The years I have spent with you Young Miss was not in vain. Basing on your personality, you would rather sleep than partake in adventures that would cause adrenaline to run through your veins."

"I suppose so."

I had dreamed of a time when I could finally feel the ocean breeze. The smell of salt and the sound of the rolling waves. The sunset as the painter paints in the sky an image that could leave anyone gasping for air, as it created a masterpiece that can not be captured in a single moment.

Speaking of sunsets, how is Onii-sama doing lately?

He left a few days after my birthday very reluctantly. He is crazy, as he wanted to make a law when he succeeds in the family that I must not be separated from him.

I'm wondering, does Onii-sama have sister complex?

He always wanted me to be close to him when I get home. He always asks me to bake treats and read him stories whenever he is lazy.

I could not refuse him as he was years older than me. Respect your elders they say.

My head is starting to hurt due to all this thinking. I do hope that when I wake up, we have already arrived.

Third Person's POV

The guards of the carriages were quite loud as they traverse the road.

It's pretty rare for them to be instructed to keep a secret from the General. To escort the Young Miss whose existence is not known by the world.

They are one of Arvyl's elite troops. Loyal to the general even at the cost of their own life. They have been trained and drilled with skills since they were young.

Their loyalty is unquestionable. They learned to accept orders without knowing the reason.

"I wonder why general asked to keep Young Miss from the outside world." A soldier asked his companion while lazily sitting in his horse.

"Are you an idiot? Her face could cause countries to fall. To preserve the balance of the world, the general decided to keep her existence away. As usual, the general is very wise." The other soldier praised Arvyl to the high heavens.

"If I marry a girl like the Young Miss, I would be the happiest woman alive." Another soldier dreamily said behind their backs.

"Idiot. The Young Master is very protective of the Young Miss."

"It would be impossible for you to capture her heart."

"I never said that I wanted to marry the Young Miss! I only said someone like her!" The protested against his companion's jabs.

"You even have no girlfriend. Do you have the conditions of being beside the Young Miss?"

"If you ever meet a person like the Young Miss which would be impossible, they would already be taken by the heroes of the kingdom. Not some puny soldier like you."

Listening to his companion's jabs, he could not help but clutch his heart as if he is in agony.

"I never knew you guys could be so heartless."

"You are an idiot."

"Seconded."

"Oy, what are you people talking about?" Midnight and Grim appeared.

Midnight was straining a smile with his hand on the hilt of his sword while Grim is murderously glaring at them while swinging his scythe dangerously back and forth.

"What did I hear about marrying the Princess?"

"Honored Spirits, we apologize. We hope to be spared by your benevolence. Young Miss is an existence that can't be reached by puny beings like us." The soldiers hastily went off their horses and saluted.

"Why do I get the feeling that they are treating us as ghosts?" Caeli who just woke up looked at the stiff soldiers.

"They called us spirits. Unforgivable." Grim sliced a nearby tree with his scythe while emitting a black aura.

"That is the term given to us though. But we prefer to be called as guardians next time."

"Yes, Sir!" The three soldiers saluted.

"What did I hear about marrying the Young Miss?" Rione came out of the carriage who came to a halt when the guardians showed up.

"You heard wrong Rione-sama!" The soldiers chorused once again.

The onlookers could feel a shiver crawl up their spine.

Three guardians were swinging their weapons dangerously while a young Butler was playing with tornadoes in his palm.

"Did I?"

"We did not say anything bad concerning Young Miss Rione-sama!"

"So you admit talking about her?" His eyes turned to a dangerous glint. The trio could not help but gulp.

'This is all your fault!' The first and second soldier simultaneously glared at the third soldier.

"We apologize Rione-sama!" They bowed.

"Calm down Rione. Young Miss would be awoken due to the ruckus you're making." Caeli scolded his Master.

"You also contributed to the noise, you idiotic guardians. You three will have your wages cut off by 20%. I'm sure the Young Master would love to hear that." He pointed to the three soldiers and smirked. He went back inside the carriage and the three guardians vanished in the thin air.

The soldiers slumped back to the ground.

"Let's never talk about this to anyone."

The most elite soldiers were scared of a young boy.

They would be the laughing stock if anyone should know about this.

From this day and onward, no one spoke anything about the Young Miss.

An honored death on the battlefield is better than dying because of gossiping.