Chapter 20

I started school and made a good impression to my classmates and teachers. I also had lots of good experiences. It was a good way to start school.

Not.

I was caught being late thrice. Caught sleeping in class five times and tripped in the air too many times to count.

I'm not a clumsy person nor a person who does not want to go to class. In fact, I am a very diligent person.

For just one week. One whole week of observing me. I am called clumsy, an idiot, (for not answering correctly. I want to inform them that I was actually half-asleep that time. It would be a miracle for me to understand that jargon while my mind is half-asleep.) One who likes to sleep, and a very lazy person. I will not deny the last one though. It is actually true. In a sense.

Currently, I am walking across an open field, looking around for clubs that I have to join. I was not aware of the update in the school rules, that every student must join a club. Every student. I could imagine Onii-sama laughing until he fell out of his chair right now.

Rione is currently talking to one of the seniors in a cooking class, which I gladly welcomed with open arms. New knowledge, new yummier treats. I could live with that.

What I did not like is that girl, Chelsea, also joining that club, in attempts to my butler better. I have also learned my lesson to keep my rage in check, lest he thinks that I am getting jealous. Which I do not like to be mistaken.

I am quite impressed. I thought that the prim and prissy masters and ladies only knew how to do etiquette, learn how to dance and the basic knowledge on how to run a fief.

The common clubs I expected was a club for swordsmanship, home economics, gardening, and etiquette. What I did not expect was a chemistry club or a voodoo club. Thinking about the latter one gives me the creeps. Must be students who excel in the darkness attribute. Or just a bunch of students who want to learn black magic for their crush to notice them.

I forgot to explain one of the most important rules in this academy. Magic is forbidden. No one shall use it for any reason at all. Be it for bullying, teaching someone a lesson or for parlor tricks. Saving someone can be attained by issuing a challenge to the culprit. That can be attained by the bracelets that each and every student uses.

Failure to wear the said bracelet could lead to suspension or even expulsion. The bracelet could sense if someone is gathering magic particles in the air. This notifies the student council, which in turn could lead to grave consequences. By issuing a challenge, all you have to do is press a button, fill up the corresponding information and file a schedule in one of the school training grounds.

The day ends with me not knowing which club to join. There is no sleeping club, which irritated me. I thought I could find a loophole in the school rules, but it also stated that all clubs must partake actively during school festivals.

I mean, the sleeping club could hold a contest on which student could actually sleep longer, right?

"You just wanted to sleep longer." Rione berated me as I complained to him.

"Of course not!" Not that the blush signified anything.

"As if I'll agree to what you're saying Young Miss~"

"Believe what you want to believe in then!"

The next day arrived and I still do not know what club I'll join.

"What are you thinking about Young Miss?" Rione appeared by my side as I watched the river flow.

"I do not know which club I'll join." I sighed.

"I thought you wanted to find a sleeping club." He sat beside me.

"Are you mocking me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course not Young Miss." He laughed. "Why don't you just randomly pick a club to join? Given your capabilities, you can easily breeze through any entrance exam."

"And expend effort in doing so? I don't want to waste my time and effort in a club I don't want to join."

"Why don't you create a club?" He suggested. "Can you see the bright side? You get to do everything you want. Make your own rules. Establish a hierarchy."

"Are you an idiot?" I looked at him. "I don't want to expend effort in doing so. Besides, the paperwork that comes in establishing a club is not worth it."

"Then why don't you join a club that focuses on your hobbies? Like swordsmanship?"

"That is a good idea." I stood up. "I can't believe that I've forgotten that."

"Isn't that ironic?" He crossed his arms. "You do not want to join any club because you will waste your energy yet you want to join a club that focuses on swordsmanship."

"Well, I guess it is ironic after all." I dusted off my dress. "Well, are you going to accompany or what?" I turned around and looked at my butler.

"I have club activities today Young Miss. Seems we are making some tiramisu."

"Save some for me."

"Of course Young Miss."

I walked away, not noticing the exasperated smile of my butler.

'Young Miss, you haven't really changed, have you?'

After that, I went to the place where the swordsmanship club is located.

"Hello?" I went inside a room.

"And who are you?" One of the twins I met, Xyzer Ferrous approached me.

"I want to apply to the swordsmanship club." He observed me.

"With those small muscles? You, young lady, is not suited to be in this club." He mocked me.

I raised an eyebrow. "I've been doing training for over 5 years officially, and more than that if you count unofficially."

"By a hired trainer? I'm sorry to inform you, but no one, I mean no one, takes girls as students." His face neared mine but my eyes did not back down in his condescending glare.

"Sorry to inform you, Mister. But my guardian does not want to appear to the likes of you." Xyzer's face went dangerously close to mine.

"What's going on here?" Zyfer, Xyzer's twin brother, appeared.

"It seems that a noble lady who possesses prim and proper manners would like to join the sweaty and rigorous club for swordsmanship." Xyzer went beside his twin brother.

"Why don't you just let her join?" Zyfer asked. "If she is prim and proper, she would definitely quit halfway in training." His brother looked away.

"There you have it." Zyfer looked at me and smiled. "My name is Zyfer, and the other one is my twin brother Xyzer." Xyzer looked at me grumpily.

"Welcome to the club." Xyzer grumbled.

"Please don't mind my brother. We gladly welcome you with open arms Miss?"

"My name is Zackaya Divine Grace Walxt, it's nice to meet you Zyfer and Xyzer Ferrous." Though I have already met you before, you twin devils.

Onii-sama told me of the time that they attempted to draw on my face with a permanent marker, back when I was seven years old. Anyways, now that I've joined the club, I can use this to hone my skills and as a bonus, pay them back for what they did.