Chapter 27

Third Person's POV

Two days. Two whole days. The deadline is nearing and the occupants of the room are anxious. Zackaya is observing the documents on who might possibly have a connection with Amethyst. Llousander is propping his legs on a table, seemingly in deep thought.

Tyler brought two mugs of coffee and put it down on the table. Zackaya reached out to get one but Llousander swatted her hand away. She pouted at him, quietly asking why she is restricted on caffeine.

"Too young. Go and make yourself some hot chocolate." Llousander answered and grabbed a mug. She grudgingly stood up and made way towards the kitchen.

Tyler grabbed a mug and made his way to a window. The brightness of the moon enveloped the whole room giving a serene feeling.

"One more day right?" Tyler asked the duo.

"Did you visit her?" Tyler bit his bottom lip.

"After knowing that I could not protect her, I stayed away from the infirmary."

"You could always confess to her." Zackaya arrived and continued looking through the documents.

"I could never bring myself to. The pain of rejection is stronger than seeing her like this."

"Do you think that seeing her like this is stronger than being rejected?" Llousander commented and stood up after placing his mug on the table.

"I am selfish, I know. I just can't help but think-"

BLAG!

Tyler put his hand on his cheek looking at Llousander with wide eyes. Llousander looked at him while massaging his own hands. The mug broke from the impact causing shattered pieces on the floor, the coffee spilled on the carpet.

"Onii-sama how could you-?!" Zackaya stood up in surprise.

"I had to punch him. Make him wake up." He grabbed Tyler in his clothes and looked at his face. '"Do you need another punch for you to realize the severity of the situation?" Tyler looked away in shame.

Zackaya went to get a broom and sweep the broken pieces on the floor. "I'm wondering." She stopped cleaning. Llousander loosened his hold and Tyler still looked away. "If life is on the line, can pride save it?"

Llousander noiselessly grabbed the broom from his younger sister and swept the broken pieces on the floor.

"If you don't confess to her by tomorrow, I'll make sure that you'll be at least be banned from this school." All of them knew that this was a light punishment. Amethyst' aunt is the principal of this school. She would do everything for her niece to be healthy. Everything.

Tyler still did not mutter a word. Zackaya went back to what she was working. Llousander finished sweeping the floor and went to get a mop.

The entire room was filled with silence. Only the stars kept them company until the next day arrived.

- NEXT DAY –

Early in the morning, a figure could be seen wobbling in the hallways with a dazed look on her face.

"Good morning Zackaya!" Zyfer tapped her back.

"How many doses of caffeine did you drink?" She grumpily answered.

"Two? I guess?" He mulled over his answer. She restrained the urge to hit his head. How could he be so cheery early in the morning?

"Go away Zyfer. I am not in the mood for your games." She grumbled. Lack of sleep made her grumpy and the pressure made it even harder for her to function normally.