Chapter 7

Zackaya's POV

Today's the day that Onii-sama will depart to the academy.

"With a heavy heart," he said and I quote "I must depart and cross the raging seas and lone mountains." Which is pretty dramatic if I say so myself.

"Zackaya!" He cried. Yep, he did.

"Your handsome onii-chan isn't here for months! You must protect yourself from wolves in the meantime! Huhuhu."

Servants were quite surprised at his outburst and clinging to a person they don't recognize. Of course they don't recignize me. They haven't seen me around the house because I rarely go out of my room.

I gave him a sympathetic gaze and ruffled his head.

"Come on Onii-chan. You'll meet a lot of good people that will be with you and will become good friends with you. Companions for life even." I smiled trying to comfort him.

"Companions for life?" His eyes lookd at me eagerly. "Companions that don't need absolute protection every hour?!"

"Why you, are you really eager to replace me like that? "

"No one will never replace you, you know that?" He muttered while still hugging me.

"Mm." A tiny yawn escaped my lips.

"Sleepy head." He laughed softly.

"By Onii-chan yawn~"

"Sleep well lil sis. Gotta go!"

"Mm. Bye Onii-chan." I waved him good bye as his carriage disappeared in the distance.

I walked back towards the house and headed to my bedroom. Before I entered the door, I noticed someone looking at me at the shadows.

Yawn~ Gotta sleep I guess.

3rd Person's POV

"Master, Young Master Llousander has already arrived at the forest near the school. Just a few days later, he will be able to arrive safely at the academy without hindrances." A man bowed into his master who was looking out at the window.

"What about Zackaya?"

"Young Mistress is already asleep as expected. After all, it is already afternoon."

"Have you noticed any changes in her condition?" He referred to her curse.

"I believe none Master. But it seems that young master had taken quite a liking to her. If this continues.."

"It will hinder my plan. I know that."

"What will you do now Master?"

"Leave her be. Continue spreading around that her curse is real. No one must find out that it is just a mere  theory or a coincidence."

"Yes Master." He bowed and left the room.

'My dearest daughter. No one will ever find you again. No one must put you in harm's way. No one must know about you ever again. That already happened once, don't want to happen it again twice.'

He looked out of the window, glancing at the familiar scenery outside with a mocking smile.

Zackaya's POV

Boring.

Boring.

Boring

B. O. R. I. N. G.

Mou~ Here we go back to the days where Onii-chan won't come to annoy me.

Seriously, what should I do?

I don't wanna go to the library. Don't wanna go to the kitchen. Don't wanna go outside.

I wanna laze around all the day!

But, I want to do something!

Mou~

"Princess!"

"Kya!"

A  blue haired man appeared before me.

"Midnight!" I shouted.

"Shush Princess. Wouldn't want them to know that I'm here right?" He winked.

"Umu!" Yey Midnight is here! I won't be bored again!

"Grim isn't here?" I tilted my head asking him.

"He's out for a very very important business." He answered while combing my hair.

"More important than me?" I pouted.

I forgot to introduce them. They are Midnight and Grim, both are my spirits but they wanted me to call them my guardians. They think it's cooler.

"You are very important to Grim. More important than his Scythe. He's too shy to tell you." He grinned.

"Then why did he leave?" I sulked.

"Because Princess, he has to leave for a very important mission for your safety. He was rather reluctant, if I say so myself."

I could imagine Grim hugging a pole with Midnight tugging at his clothes.

"Forgive him Princess. He's not very good at expressing his emotions."

"Ma~ I could forgive him just this one time though."

"You are too kind-hearted Princess." He lightly chuckled.

"Kind-hearted huh?"

"Ma~ Don't think about it too much Princess. Too much of something could lead to death."

"Sometimes I'm doubting if you are really a water spirit. Sometimes your worser than Grim."

"Well, Grim do hates lights and cramped spaces though."

My eyes lit up. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Don't get too overboard Princess." He chuckled giving me the sign that it's fine for him to tease his partner.

"Does my room sound good?"