Chapter 5

Zackaya's POV

It has already been days after I went to the park. I was surprised that when I woke up, I was already on my bed.

Now, I'm debating on whether ghosts are real.

But I doubt that a ghost could lift me up.

I am currently sitting on the floor of the library reading a book.

As I tried to understand the contents, I opened my palm and a water ball appeared. I am still amazed of magic no matter how many times I have already seen it.

I let the water dance through my fingers as I tried to stiffle a giggle. I am a kid when it comes to magic.

I closed the book and headed back to my room. As I opened the door, I did not expect on who I've seen. The very person that I watch from afar by my windowsill.

"You've keep disappearing for awhile now." He sat on my bed trying to get comfy.

"What are you doing here?"

"I've come to check you up. Seriously, where do you go all this time except watching me by the windowsill?"

He noticed?

"Can you call me by my name?" He asked.

"Llousander?"

"Not that one." He came over and pinched my cheek.

My eyes started to stung.

"Onii-sama."

He patted ny head after that.

"Call me that from now on 'kay?" He smiled.

"Mmm." I said.

"I'll come back here tomorrow again. Can you promise to wait for me?" He kneeled on one knee and looked me on the eyes.

"Mmm." I nodded.

"Good girl."

"Why, why did you just checked now?" I mumbled.

"Gomene, Onii-sama is far too incompetent lately. I do visit you though, but you are already asleep."

Really?

"I'll promise you something and in return you promise me something too."

"Mmm."

"I'll protect you, and can you keep this little secret of ours in return?"

"Mmm." I nodded once again.

"Good girl. Onii-sama will come back tomorrow. You'll just have to wait for me m'kay?"

"Mmm."

He patted my head once again and went out of the room.

I swear I heard him say something.

"I will protect you even on the cost of my life."

Mm. I nodded silently in my heart.

~•~
The days passed on, and onii-sama came back everyday to talk to me or play with me.

He would bring flowers from outside, and would put fresh ones everyday on my bedside table.

I feel cherished.

He would tell me stories everyday, various ones about the near forest beside us or the musician in the nearest town.

He would often tell me how annoying his tutor in swordsmanship, always demanding to correct his regal posture.

I laughed. A lot.

I never knew that I would wait for him every single day excitedly, waiting for his stories.

But I never knew this dreaded day would come.

It was Onii-sama's birthday, and guess what, it's a masquerade ball.

I love the concept on being able to hide your face under a mask, but it can be also applied in reality. They may see your true face, but never your true personality.

"I really wanted the ball to have a theme of dark blue and black, but since "Master" is too awesome, he said and I quote "A man should have purity to be able to have a wife, therefore your theme should be white." Damn, Am I a girl or something?" He complained furiously to me.

I laughed at his demeanor.

"Why don't you just alter your costume? It should be white right? What about wearing navy blue ?" I asked him.

"Zackaya, you are a genius!" He said and ran to hug me.

"Mou, it's too tight!"

"Sorry, hehe." He released me from his suffocating hug and scratched his head.

"So, the main problem is, where should you get your clothes?"

"I can't ask the tailor to make another outift. He'll just tell father." He looks deeply troubled.

I admit that my idea is a good one, but the main problem is, where should I get his clothes?

"What about I make them?" I asked him.

"Do you know sewing?"

"I've been trapped for 7 years, and it has rather been boring." I shrugged my shoulders.

His face looked displeased and guilty for a moment and then vanished.

"That's a nice idea you've got. But, my birthday is next week, can you finish it by then?"

"Sure. I'm a fast worker."

"What would I do if I have don't have you." He smiled and patted my head.

Ohhhh~~~ Feels nice.

"But remember, don't overwork yourself okay?"

"Mm."

It's nice to be useful once in a while.