Chapter 30

("Bold letters" means flashbacks)

Xyzer's POV

"Why are we running? " I asked my brother. I wanted to know why the heck he interrupted me in the middle of reading something good! It was the freaking climax too, damn it.

"Well, I would like to catch a rabbit," I grunted at his response. It seems like he never caught up to her.

"Why only now? " Finding her seems like a great deal of effort and I would like to sit down thank you very much. Seems like her habit had somehow influenced me to conserve my energy from doing unnecessarily.

"Because it has already been a week my dear brother and I have no intention for it to continue," he grinned. Of course, he does not want to be separated from her for a long time after all. She's got him on a leash.

"Can I go back reading?" I hopefully asked. Such a mere wish has a low chance of being accepted but I couldn't help but hope.

"Of course not," Welp, there goes my break time. And I want to know how to kill a dragon too.

"You can't kill a dragon. Nor a wyvern," he stated. How did he even know what I was thinking? I looked at him menacingly.

"Instinct. And that you love how to find the weaknesses of fictional beasts. And we are twins for goodness sake," he 'kindly' explained. I do not need his information but seems like I'm communicating with him until we find this rabbit he spoke of.

Wait.

I stopped running.

" Where the heck are we going? " he gave me an embarrassing grin.

"I might have wished that just by running around the school, we'll coincidentally see her?" I can't believe this. Is this how oblivious and carefree my big brother is? Like seriously? "Please don't facepalm," he added.

So frickin great.

"Let's go find that butler of hers. We might get clues in her whereabouts if we ask him," he walked beside me and started grinning.

"You still hold a grudge against him?"

"Why should I forget? " I grumbled. "I am very particular to my coffee after all,"

Who puts sugar in coffee?

Well, a lot do.

Who puts 5 sugar cubes in their coffee?

Apparently, Zackaya does and she thought it would be great to prank me.

I probably should hide her sweet stash next time, but I need to find her first.

Of course, that is to make my brother go back to his state of being quiet and less annoying.

And, to warn her of the violations in skipping club activities.

And, to eat Rione's sweets. They are the best.

~°~

"Knock," I gestured my brother. We haven't found her butler, so he suggested that we head towards her dorm room. Apparently, he's now too scared to knock.

"But..."

"After all these years, you seriously don't know how to knock?" I know the capacity of my brother's IQ is quite high. How the heck does he not know how to knock?

He leveled a stare at me like I'm an idiot. Of course I was being sarcastic.

"I'm scared she might reject me again,"

"Now you know what the girls feel when they confess to you," I remember one time when a girl approached him and confessed. He looked at her, said nothing and walked away. Confessing requires huge amounts of courage and walking away is one of the rudest responses according to my book. "Continue contemplating on what to do," I wanted him to think for once and a small part of me wants to take revenge for all the girls he has rejected before.