Chapter Three

First of all thanks to the likes and the comments. It's amazing to know to know you love this story.

When he returned back to the museum again, it was near closing time. The guy at the desk had told him that she was still present, but couldn't meet with anyone. Instead of being let in though and giving up he headed for the employee entrance and waited for her to come out of the building.

He didn't have to wait very long though as he noticed her walking out, her briefcase and handbag in one hand. Their son resting on her arms as she made her way to an Audi parked in what seemed to be her spot.

"Yes, Kate I'll be there at eight sharp." He heard Kate say in an amused tone and her familiar laughter rung in his ears. He couldn't help but smile and remember all the times he'd heard that laugh. He noticed her phone being tucked between her ear and shoulder as he heard her talking to someone on the phone.

Walking towards them as quietly as he could, he watched as she put their son in the car seat in the back of the car. He watched her throw her briefcase and handbag into the back seat as well as she buckled their son up.

"Nah, he's out of the night I think. He spent his entire evening going over the baby dinosaur eggs they discovered. I had to literally pull him away from the lab." he heard Kate laugh as she rounded the car just as she reached the door, he reached the hood of her car.

Their eyes locked with one another, he could see the fire returning in her eyes before she said. :"Sorry Kate, I've gotta go." she tucked her phone in her back pocket as she continued to glare at him.

"Haven't I made myself clear yet?" she asked him, leaning on the door of the driver as he watched her hand a teddy bear blanket to their son.

"Mummy," Arthur called out and Kate bending down to look at him through her door. "It's alright little man, you want to play a game on my phone?" she asked him when he nodded his head she gave him a small smile and dug for her phone, before handing it out to him after sliding the phone open.

"Can I see him?" Glen asked with a hopeful tone and gaze after watching them interact again. But she shook her head at him. "I don't know what has made you want to talk to us or see us all of a sudden. But I'm not about to hurt my son by you showing up out of the blue to then disappear as well," she told him as she shook her head and by the tone of her voice, he knew it would be hard to change her mind.

"Our son." he corrected her with a smile on his face as he said the words 'our son'. But he realised that she wasn't so happy about it by the look on her face albeit it being the truth.

"My son," she told him in a clear voice. "I was pregnant whilst you were travelling the world. I was only an inconvenience whilst I had to make sure everything was in order at home and work to give birth to him. I raised him on my own for all I know, you were just a sperm donor." she told him through gritted teeth as her hands clenched her door she leant on.

"I was just another notch on the great Glen Power belt," she told him in a cruel chuckle as he saw the hurt in her eyes as she said the sentence and there could be nothing further from the truth. "That's not true." he started to say but realised he would have to do the explanation first.

"I talked to our manager, he never told me," Glen told her as he took a step towards her. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her, breathing in her familiar scent. Hold her body against his and getting familiar with her body again. To love her and show her the love he still held for her.

Kate was however worried that her son would hear something that he shouldn't. opening her window a tiny bit so she could still hear him, she closed the door.