40. anniversary

IMAGINE YOU have been dating bill for a year and it's the day you both started dating one year ago. however, bill had to work for the whole day so he was forced to cancel the dinner at last minute.

 however, bill had to work for the whole day so he was forced to cancel the dinner at last minute

"all finished," you say to yourself, putting your lipstick on. when you applied your lipstick, you stand up in your bedroom and check yourself out in the full length mirror. for the romantic dinner, you decide to wear a black dress with glittery heels.

even though you feel uncomfortable wearing lingerie bill had bought you for christmas, you decide to wear them underneath - just incase anything happens. walking over to your bed, you pick up your phone and text bill asking where he is.

as you're waiting for bill's response, you sit down on the bed only to jump due to the loud ringing from your phone. you press answer and place the phone to your ear, "hello?"

"(y/n), are you ready?" you nod, realising bill couldn't see you through the phone, "uh, yes. where are you?"

"shit, the producer is making me work overtime and i won't be back until late tonight. i have tried my best to persuade him, baby, i'm so sorry. please don't be mad?"

tears begin to fill your eyes and you quickly wipe them away, "(y/n)? are you there?" you nod again, "yeah, that's fine. i'll, uh, see you later. bye."

"(y/n), wa-" you end the phone call, before allowing bill to finish talking. standing up, you look into the mirror and burst out into tears, not caring about the make-up you had spent hours on, "fuck this."

anger bubbles inside you, the past few weeks, bill has had to cancel planned dates due to work. the few times, you understood but now, you thought that it's getting too much for you to handle. not being able to physically see your boyfriend.

entering your bathroom, you grab the make-up wipes and roughly pull out a wipe. you wipe the make-up from your face and after a good amount of wipes, you wash your face with water and sit on your bed.

hours pass by and you killed the time by looking through photos and videos you have of you and bill. what broke your heart the most is when you read the conversations and you remember how often bill contacted you, asking if he could see you.

the slam of a door distracts you from your phone and you drop your phone on the bed. you remember that bill is the only other person who has a key to your place. in embarrassment of facing your boyfriend, your heart starts thumping and you slowly walk to the living room.

when you enter the living room, you see bill sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette. bill only smokes when he's upset, what possibly could he be upset about?

"jesus christ (y/n), you look so beautiful," he taps the space next to him and you follow, sitting next to bill. he looks over to you and reaches to touch you, but you scoot away from him. you look over and it seems to hurt bill, you not wanting him to touch you.

feeling a lump in your throat, you take a deep breath before speaking, "so, what do you want?"

bill scoffs at your question and this causes the lump in your throat to rise again, making you feel stupid, " what a silly question, i want you (y/n) and no-one else,"

"if i could, i would have gone to the dinner. that dress makes me want to do things to you-" you interrupt bill by raising your voice, "bill! is this the time to make sexual comments?"

bill raises his hands in the hair and takes a puff from his cigarette, "alright baby, that was stupid of me. i feel like an asshole, today is special and i made it shit. this is something you are going to remember."

he takes a deep puff from the cigarette and gazes at you, hoping you'll forgive him, "say something, i'm scared."

"put the cigarette away and we can talk," bill gets up from his seat and walks to the kitchen. when he comes back, he smiles at you sadly and sits next to you.

resting his hand on your leg, "you have heard too many verbal apologies from me. let me make it up to you (y/n)."

you raise your eyebrows, "if you think this will-" this time, you are interrupted by bill. only, his lips are pressed against yours. you try to pry the tall person of you, but his lips are so soft. you couldn't help yourself, but eventually kissing bill back.

when bill pulls away, he smiles at you and pulls you onto his lap with no effort. to engage eye contact with you, as you're deliberately avoiding him, bill grabs your face with both of his hands.

"i love you so fucking much and it's my fault you don't believe me. as an actual apology, i'm going to spend all our time making it up to you. whatever you want."

you blush, thinking about the things you want bill to do to you. bill catches on, when he sees you biting your lip, "oh, i see what you want," bill checks at his watch and smirks at you.

"it's only 11pm, i suppose we have a few hours to do what you want," bill stands up with you and grabs your hand, "lets not waste any more time."

"what about work? don't you have to be there for 6am?" you question, as you enter your bedroom. bill sits on your bed and pulls you onto his lap again, "i told them that i think i have food poisoning, so they gave me the weekend off."

the incident was quickly forgotten, as bill begins to gently kiss your neck...

[credits to gif owner]

omg sorry it's so long, i guess i got carried away. btw, check out my other gif series for the it cast :)