46. he cheats

IMAGINE YOU arrive home and you hear sounds coming from upstairs, so you walk upstairs to inspect the noises. you check every room apart from the bathroom and when you enter the bathroom, you see your boyfriend bill in the shower with another girl.

 you check every room apart from the bathroom and when you enter the bathroom, you see your boyfriend bill in the shower with another girl

bill quickly scrambles out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist and chases after you. as soon as you processed what was going on between the pair, you left the bathroom and headed back to your car. "(y/n)!" bill shouts after you.

as soon as you get into the car, you start the car up and drive away in complete shock. you cannot believe that your boyfriend of nearly a year cheats on you with a random girl. even everyone you know had told you what a wonderful guy bill is and how he would never hurt you. well, they are fucking wrong.

flashbacks of what you have just witnessed repeatedly plays in your head causing you to grit your teeth in anger. when you arrive at your parents' house, you unlock the door and check if they are in.

when you realise they aren't in, you sigh in relief and quickly run up to your old bedroom. finally bursting out into tears, you throw yourself onto your bed and cry for god knows how long.

later that night, your parents arrive home and you explain everything that happened today. they decide to give you some space for the timebeing and you go to bed without checking your phone.

a few weeks pass by and you're starting to come to terms with the incident, realising that you deserve better. of course, bill being the stubborn guy he is, he has been leaving plenty of unread messsages on your phone.

one day, you're in your bedroom sorting your clothes out when bill rings your phone. this time, instead of ignoring it, you decide to answer the phonecall. "what?"

on the other line, you hear shaky breaths, "(y/n) please don't hang up. let me explain every-" you interrupt bill and tighten your grip on the phone in anger.

"you fucking cheated on me and that's final. i don't want to hear your pathetic apologies, it's too late and no, i am never going to get back with you. i'm moving on with my life, so you probably do the same. never contact me again."

when you finish speaking, you hear sobs on the other side of the call which silently breaks your heart, but you realise that it's for the best. "goodbye (y/n), i hope you have an amazing life and that you find someone else better."

you nod your head, quickly realising that bill can't see you. "yeah. goodbye." ending the call, you place the phone on your dresser table and burst into tears again.

months pass by and you're doing great with your life. you're finally getting the job you have always wanted, you have just rented a new apartment and bill hasn't contacted you since that day.

sitting in the local cafe, you're catching up with your friends who you have met through bill's friends. however, even though they fully supported you over the past few months, they still keep in contact with bill.

"so, (y/n), have you heard from bill? i know you hate to talk about him, but i think it's important that we do now." one of the girls, jessica states, nervously fiddling with her empty coffee cup.

you roll your eyes, shaking your head wondering why they would mention your ex boyfriend. "and, i hope it stays that way. i mean, i did tell him to not contact me again."

they look at you with sympathy and lucy, the girl sitting next to you, places her hand on your arm. "if we told you that bill has a new girlfriend, how would you feel?"

"yeah, he met her through one of his friends and they seem to be serious," you feel your heart breaking inside and tears threatening to spill from your eyes. why are you feeling this way? he chose to cheat on you.

you bite your tongue to stop the tears and plaster a fake smile on your face. "i'm glad for him," you lie, taking a sip of your drink.

[credits to gif owner]

hmmm, there won't be a part two but i will write another version where you cheat on him.