42. new year's kiss

IMAGINE YOUR friend makes you attend a new year's eve party, even though you didn't want to go and when the clock struck midnight, you kiss a stranger.

you really didn't want to be here, especially now when everyone is counting down and you may be the only person who isn't going to kiss someone.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1! happy new year!" everyone shouts, and you look around for your friend. when you see her, you notice that she's kissing some random guy.

standing next to you, there is a tall guy who looks at you and you look back at him, "hey."

you greet him back and to your surprise, he quickly kisses you on the lips. when he pulls away, he wishes you a happy new year and winks before walking away into the crowd.

"oh. my. god. (y/n), who is that man?" your friend gasps in amazement, "he is seriously so cute!"

shrugging your shoulders, you wish you had said something before he left so sudden, "oh well," you think to yourself. "maybe i'll see him around some time."

after a few minutes of dancing, you decide that it's time to go home, so you say goodbye to your friend and make your way out of the party.

when you walk out into the cool air, you sigh of relief and grab your phone out from your bag to call someone to come and collect you, "that's not needed. i can drive you home."

you look up and it's the guy from the party, the one you kissed only ten minutes ago. "how do i know you're not some murderer who's trying to seduce me?"

this causes the guy to throw his head back and laugh, when he finishes laughing, he looks at you with a grin on his face, "you're so cute. i'm bill, and you are?"

"my name is (y/n), and i'm not going to let you give me a ride home," you unlock your phone and text your uber driver. "done, they should be here in five minutes."

you smirk at bill who shrugs at you, "at least i tried. thank you for the kiss and i shall be seeing you soon, miss (y/n). goodnight love."

you wouldn't admit it to yourself, but when you heard him call you love, butterflies formed in your stomach.

[credits to gif owner]

a little bit cheesy lol