Persona

Jin POV

The living room was dimly lit by big Edison light bulbs hanging randomly from the ceiling. I was running on alcohol and nicotine, which wasn't the most productive combination.

My headache was getting worse with every passing minute. After hours and hours of going through hundreds of pages, papers of evidence, video, and audiotapes, I started to lose both my mind and patience. 

I hopefully shifted my gaze at Yoongi who was sitting on the sofa and doing the same thing as me. The clock was already ticking 2 am.

"Yoongi, did you find something?" I looked at him, hoping that the culprit would be better at solving the problem than an experienced lawyer

"Can't we just bribe the judge?" he scrunched his nose unamused and threw the massive brown book with leather covers on the floor. 

Yoongi tiredly got up and stretched his body. He proceeded to adjust his clothes. 

I pressed my eyes against my palms and rubbed them. 

"Not this one," I exasperated and got up to get a glass of water.

"Okay, let me rephrase this, kill him," he replaced my glass of water with whiskey.

Yoongi's face was unbothered, he sounded like he was stating that he would just go and do something so normal, so usual.

"And then I have to worry about you getting a lifetime sentence," I drank whiskey, enjoying the burning feeling spreading through my throat.

Yoongi raised his eyebrow and smirked. Psycho.

"That would be our last resort," I conceded.

"See, you are not the only one smart here," he chuckled darkly while adjusting his handgun back at its designated position on his backside. He put on a black leather jacket and a weighty backpack.

"Yeah, I know," I sat back at the table, back-facing Yoongi who was disappearing in the dark hallway.

"So, it's settled. Bye then. I have other things to take care of before tomorrow," Yoongi tossed, his voice was muffled by the jiggling of keychains and. I got back to my audiotapes as there was only little left to go through. However, the sudden ringing of the phone disturbed me. 

I looked at the caller ID.

Ugh, already?

"Yes?" I answered the call and got back up on my feet.

...

Y/N POV

"Fuck Jimin" You panted as you slipped off of him and laid on your back "That was good," you covered your burning body with sheets.

"Yeah babe, it was" he smirked and kissed my forehead.

You were laying in silence and staring at the ceiling of a cheap love motel that was right next to the rave club you had been at. The smoke of his cigarette filling the air was calming, but the whole in your chest was still as empty as before.

You were both longing for something, something you wanted but couldn't have. Something to fill you up and make you happy even if it's just for a moment. The worst thing is that after the euphoric episode arrives the numbness that is every time stronger than before, making you feel and act like drug addicts. And no one knew this fragile side Jimin and you had. 

Jimin wasn't the cure, he was a quick fix. He would never give you the love you wished for, and you didn't want it from him. He was more like a brother, and less than a lover.