4 | Bumping Into The Devil

Ugly Heart- G.R.L

Please VOTE and COMMENT! It makes me want to write more and quicker :)

4 | Bumping Into The Devil

***

The first few lessons were dreadful. The teachers decided to torture me, even though they didn't even know me, by making me introduce myself in front of the class. I had to tell everyone my name, where I came from and why I'm here.

I kind of felt sorry for the people who were in the same classes as me, they had to hear me repeat it.

By now, it is lunchtime and I have never been so glad to eat food. Food is my life, I just can't live without it. Like everyone else.

"Come on Ava, I want to get there soon otherwise we'll get the rubbish food." Molly whines, dragging me along quicker. I thought all school food was rubbish? Is she suggesting that the food here might actually be nice?

At my old school, the lunch food was dreadful. Practically nobody ate it, except for the people who forgot their packed lunch. I honestly have no idea what they put in the food but let me tell you, it was the most disgusting thing I had ever had. It put greasy chips to shame.

"I'm trying," I say, my arm slightly hurting from her pull. Who knew she had such strength? I swear she's stronger then me and I'm bigger than her!

Eventually, we make it into the cafeteria. I breathe a sigh of relief once Molly lets go of my arm and start rubbing it.

I follow her to the short lunch line, whilst observing the cafeteria. I assume this school is a cliche school, where the clique groups sit at certain tables but boy I'm wrong. Everyone sits with anyone, it's mixed, from the cheerleaders to the geeks. There wasn't a single table for a certain group of people, or at least, that's what I saw.

I'm guessing they have a popular group who sit at the popular table because let's face it, every school has that group.

I'm also curious to know if they have the bitchy cheerleaders, with a ruthless Queen B who loves to inflict pain on others.

"What would you like miss?" A dinner lady asks me, her face looking depressed. Her voice is monotone but cold. The stare she is giving me sent shivers down my spine.

Creepy.

"Uh...I'll have the pizza," I tell her, keeping my eyes on my tray. If I look into her soulless eyes any longer, she might take me to hell with her.

She dumps my pizza on my plate and I rush over to Molly who is paying for her food.

Note to self: don't buy food from here anymore.

"Let's go!" Molly chirps as I finish paying.

Molly leads us to the table that Josh and everyone else is sat at. I can't help but smile at that, I could see them being my new friends here. It made me happy that they accepted me so quickly as well.