18 | Unicorns Could Exist

Best Song Ever - One Direction

18 | Unicorns Could Exist

***

Have you ever wanted to know what goes on in someone's head? Like, have you wanted the ability to read minds?

Because right now, I really want to know what's going on in Max's head. He's been staring at me for the past few minutes, deep in thought. Every once in a while, he would frown and shake his head. Like he was shaking his thoughts away.

I've tried making eye contact with him a few times to get his attention but he seems really focused on the table. I know for a fact he's not interested in the boring table, so he's zoned out.

Molly is sat next to me on the lunch table, with Bree to the other side of me. Max, who decided to sit with us today, is opposite me. Lawrence has disappeared to god knows where. According to Molly, he's been pining over some girl for a while now. So he's chasing her down. Lucky girl...

Luke has been good so far. He's refrained himself from making a comment about my appearance or dating. I have a feeling it because Max is here.

Harry is having a deep conversation with Bree. Josh is staring at the two of them intensely. His face is expressionless but his eyes are burning with fury. Whenever Harry makes eye contact with him, he receives a frosty glare. It's such a cold look I have shivers running down my spine. And it wasn't even directed at me!

"Ava?" Molly asks me, snapping out of my thoughts. I glance at her and raise an eyebrow.

"Yes?"

"We're still on for the cinema tonight right?" Instantly, I'm nodding. I'm actually excited to see the film now, partly because Max is coming.

The last time I went to the movies with Max was when we went to see Fast and Furious 7. I remember crying after we left the cinema because of the emotional tribute they gave Paul Walker. Max held onto me whilst I cried into his t-shirt. When I finished crying, he took me to an ice cream parlor to cheer me up.

Max spent the whole time there cracking jokes.

"I'll pick you up—"

"Don't worry, I'll pick her up," Max cuts Molly off. She glances at me and raises an eyebrow. I avert my eyes from her suspicious gaze and stare at Max.

"What were you thinking about?" I blurt out before my mind can even over think the question. The thing about me is I say things before I think them. If I'm curious about something, I will straight up ask it. No thinking.

Max gives me a flattering smirk, "why do you want to know? Jealous I might be thinking about another girl?"

I scowl at Max, hating the fact that I would be very jealous if he was thinking about another girl. Especially since he locked me in the janitors closet and gave me a massive speech about how he wants me back.