19 | Lunge

Chasing Pavements - Adele

19 | Lunge

***

"That was awesome!" Molly exclaims once we come out of the movie theatre. I nod my head in agreement. The film was great.

"You are such a child Molly Wolly," Josh nudges his shoulder with hers. Molly turns to face him with a glare on his face - obviously very annoyed by the nickname he's given her.

"Don't say that again," Molly hisses angrily. Her brown eyes are narrowed like slits, completely focused on Josh.

Josh lifts his hands up in mock surrender. "Sorry, sorry. Jeez, not need to start PMSing on me."

Oh, that did it.

Molly lunges at her brother like a rabid animal. She gives a war cry and jumps on his back. He yelps in shock when she hits him on the back of the head - hard. I burst out in laughter at Josh's stunned and traumatic face.

I guess you should never mess with Molly.

A security guard comes racing through the hall, heading straight towards us. Well, towards Molly and Josh.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks, harshly. The siblings stop fighting and stare at the man. When they don't answer, he repeats his question.

Molly hops off of Josh's back when she snaps out of her state of shock and blushes. "I-I," she stutters, looking down at the ground whilst fiddling with her fingers. Ferocious Molly is now gone; we're back with shy, kind Molly.

"Just leave," he commands and without a second thought, we all comply. Even I got shivers from that guy. The way he glared at all of us was just chilling.

As soon as we make it out of the theatre, Josh starts scolding Molly for acting barbarically. I turn away. Hearing their argument is not only boring but personal. Instead, I head over to Bree who is teasing Luke. When Bree notices me, her face turns more serious. I almost frown at her sudden change of mood. Did I do something wrong?

"Hey Bree," I start, smiling. "Can I talk to you?"

Her green eyes dart to Molly and Josh who are arguing, then to Lawrence, Harry, and Max who are talking and finally, back to me. Yeah, Max ended up coming to the cinema. He even picked me up, despite my protests.

Admittedly, I enjoyed the ride. We mindlessly chatted about normal things like we were old friends. There was no awkwardness between us. Everything was comforting. Occasionally, Max would make a comment that would hint towards a relationship but I would brush it off. He knows I'm nowhere near ready to get back into a relationship, especially not with him yet.

"Sure," comes Bree's reply.

I grab her arm and lead her to a more secluded part of the car park. Whilst walking, I feel his eyes on me. I don't need to turn around to see Max - my body already knows it's him.