Chapter 44

Tris POV

I wake up with a strong arm wrapped around my waist. I look up and see Tobias's face sound asleep. He looks so peaceful and calm. You can barley tell he has a broken past. I stare at his beautiful face of his until an idea pops into my head, I decide to have a little fun. I smile evilly and I slip out of his embrace as quietly and gently as I can, he twitches and I giggle a little bit. I immediately slap my hand to my mouth so I don't wake him. I tip toe to the kitchen. His kitchen is a bit different then mine so it's quite unfamiliar to me. I open the fridge and it must be my lucky day because he has a brand new bottle of whipped cream sitting right on the top shelf. I open it carefully and head back over to the couch.

I start to spray his face. I draw a mustache and a unibrow on his face when his eyes flutter open. I gasp and scream. I laugh and start to run away. I giggle as I run into his bedroom. Bad idea, there isn't many hiding places in here. I turn and see Tobias standing right there, I burst out in laugher because the mustache and unibrow is still there.

"Something funny?" He asks with an eyebrow raised.

I pull myself up, "nope, nothing at all." I say sarcastically and smile a cheesy smile.

"Well good because now-" he crashes his lips with mine and I get whipped cream on my face.

"Eeeeew!" I say. He laughs and looks at the clock.

"We gotta get ready, visiting day." He sighs, and I wipe some whipped cream off of his face and lick my finger. Then I say,

"Yup!" Popping the 'P'.

He chuckles turns to get an apple. I start to spray the back of his head in his hair with whipped cream.

"Hey!! your ruining the perfection!" He says smoothing his hair out. I roll my eyes. He takes some whipped cream off of his head and puts it in my hair.

"No no n- ugh, thanks a lot." I say.

"You know you love me." He winks and kisses me. I kiss him back and finally go to get ready.

I had almost forgot I bought a dress to wear for visiting day today. I get the bag and go to change. Tobias finishes getting ready, then he takes my hand and we walk hand in hand down to the pit. When we get there, we sit off to the corner talking to each other and let people be with their families.
We only have each other now, and honestly, I'm fine with that. I sneak a glance around and see many all the dauntless with their parents who wearing different colors, and looking very different compared to everyone else in black. It's weird seeing people with their families and trying to picture them in their old factions. It's almost hard to imagine. Probably because their personalities just don't fit those certain places anymore. Tobias and I talk until I see a few familiar faces. I stop talking and my jaw drops to the floor.

"Tris? Tris you o-" Tobias looks in my direction and suddenly goes wide eyed.

I see my mom which is not that unusual but she hasn't come to a visiting day in a while. With her, I see 2 faces I thought I'd never see again. My father and Caleb. I charge at my mom and hug her as tight as I can.

"Mom!" I say.

"Beatrice," she says, she pulls away and smiles. "Look at you! You're beautiful." I smile and feel tears sting my eyes. I look at Caleb, all dressed in blue. I stare awkwardly at him. What do I say? Why the heck is he here?

"What?... No hug for Caleb?" He says raising an eyebrow and smiling a small smile. I let out a sigh of relief and laugh a bit. I hug him. I pull away and see my father. I want to cry but I know i can't.

"Dad I-"

"No Beatrice. It's ok. I've missed you." I feel a tear slide down my cheek. I hug him and he hugs back. I smell his scent that I've missed so much. I turn and see Tobias there. Oh jeez this must be awkward for him.

"Mom, you've met T-Four." She nods, smiles and pulls him into a hug.

"Caleb, dad, this is my boyfriend.. Four." Caleb's eyes widen.

"BOYFRIEND?!? BEATRICE I-" I cut him off.

"Caleb shut up will you?!" I say, Caleb begins to glare at Four and I just roll my eyes. My father just nods and shakes his hand. I see my father turn to someone who tapped on his shoulder oh no. It's... Marcus.