Chapter 6

"Y-you're the father of my kids?!" I preach. Now he was just giving me the most desperate look I have ever seen. It's like he's debating over one way or the other.

"Look Ems. Eh hem. I mean, Emmer, this is something you don't need to worry about right now." He's desperate. So desperate. Just make desperate his fucking name.

"Actually, I do need to know who's the father of my kids!" Then that's when I could feel the world around me stop as something came bursting in my mind.

++Flashback++

"Ems... thank you." River whispers as he continues to watch Anastasia and Antonio play together. They're 4 now. I can't even believe it to be honest. They are stunning little kids. I can't wait until they go to preschool!

"For what?" I say as I scoot closer to River on the park bench. He puts his arm around my shoulders bringing me closer to him.

"For making my life better." That's when he turns his head to look at me to see tears start to glide across his eyes. He looked absolutely adorable.

So, in response I pecked a little kiss on his lips making him smile.

"Let's have another kid Ems." That's when I just give him the most shocked look.

Another kid?

Another. Fucking. Kid.

"Umm..." That's when River looks over at me with a big adorable smile plastered on his face. He was just laughing under his breath.

"No pressure." He says slyly as he makes himself even more comfortable on the park bench. I just scoff as he continues to have a great big smile.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind... but, I just don't want us to get our hopes up River." That's when River got an even bigger smile on his face. I didn't even know he could have such a big smile. That's when he kissed me. Passionately on the lips.

His lips felt like clouds as he had both of his hands on my waist. He deepened the kiss as he brought me closer to his body. Making me want to moan.

"Thank you." He whispers in between a kiss. I just nod as he continues to kiss me.

"Look at that! It's River and Emmer making out! We HAVE to get a photo!" A fan yells making River and I stop. We both just stare at each other for a moment. Our lips were inches away.

"Oh my god! I hear he's the fucking best kisser!" Another fan girl yells. "No! Get this, I hear he's an animal in bed. Some says he's a fucking LION!" Another fan yells making River growl under his breath.

"That's true." I wink at river making him smile. And then we burst out in laughter.

"Let's go get the kids." River pleads as I just nod my head.

River and I stand up holding hands and start motioning for the kids to follow us as they giggle behind us.

"Get ready for some of that 'Lion' tonight Ems." River whispers in my ear making me shiver.

Let's do this.

++End Of Flashback++

"Don't lie to me River! I know you're the father! You even wanted more kids!" I yell as River looks at me with a mysterious, sexy, confused look.

"Sorry, what did you say?" That's when River moves closer to me making me back up against the wall. Honestly, that just naturally came out. But now I know his name is River Thornes.

"You heard me." I protest. I could feel his hot breath on my neck. The way his minty breath smelled turned me on.

Everything in this fucking moment turned me on.

"What is my name?" Now I could see plead in his ocean blue eyes. They looked sorrowful. Painful even. It's like he's been through the ringer. A million times.

"River Thornes." That's when River clenched his fists and he gulped hard. He looked down at the ground as he was deep in thought.

"That's right." That's when he slowly walks away from me and walking away with a saddened look on his face.

What is making him so sad?

****

I walk around the kitchen gliding my fingers across the island smiling. I don't know why but, this entire house makes me smile. The way the wooden floors squeak when the kids come down. Or how everything can be so silent. Like no one is in the house.

I love that.

"Emmer!" That's when I turn my head only to see Efa!

I'm so thankful I can at least remember my cousin. And that she's married. That's pretty much it. But I still remember her!

"Efa!" I yell running towards like a 4 year old just seeing a chocolate cake for the first time.

"You look stunning!" I protest making her laugh. She just hushes me bringing me to the couch.

"Look," She starts looking everywhere around the house. Then she looks back at me.

"I'm pregnant."

🥀💍🥀

YAYAY. Efa and Orlando are having a baby! How exciting is that?! And, Emmer finally remembered River's name. And now she pretty sure River is the father to her kids! AHHHHH!

Love ya!