Chapter 15

Flashback 1

"Ems, come on." I just shake my head as he continues to drag me closer and closer towards the helicopter.

"I told you I'm fucking afraid of heights! So please! DONT LET ME ON THE HELICOPTER!" I yell as I continue to attempt to go the opposite way.

But then something in River's eyes twinkle. So he just stopped. He let go of my wrist. The kids were just staring the entire time. There eyes were big and they looked so confuzzled.

"Shut the doors for moment." River yells as the pilot nods his head. He gives River a wink and then shuts the doors.

"Ems..." And Before I knew it River's cold breath was on my neck making me shiver. He was so close I could hear every breath he made.

"What I'm about to do is pretty inappropriate for our kids to see. Honestly, it would probably scar them for life. So, if you want me to not do that. Get in the helicopter." I felt independent today. And weirdly confident. So, I just shake my head.

And that's when River grabs me by the ass and brings me up and begins to kiss me right on my neck making me moan. My legs were wrapped around his waist as he pleased me.

"River... stop. The kids." I plead but River just ignores me.

"River..." I huff. He just laughs throwing his head back throwing me a dashing smile. I blush as he looks at me.

"You and I both know your neck is your weakness." He winks.

"Now get in the helicopter." Now I just nod my head as River grabs my hand walking towards the helicopter.

"Yay! Mommies coming!" Antonio yells making us both laugh.

"Hey I wanted to say that!" Anastasia yells making us laugh even harder.

Flashback 2

"I don't want you to date that asshole!" Efa yells making me roll my eyes. She's always been worry about River. She believes he truly isn't the guy for me. But, right now, after what happened last night after prom. I believe he's perfect.

"Efa, I had sex with him last night." And that's when Efa runs towards the fridge grabbing a sprite.

"Aww shit." She mutters under her breath and then quickly drinks her sprite. She just stared at me bug eyed.

"But, he's never had sex with anyone." She pleads staring at her sprite in shock.

"I know." I blush smiling. She wipes her eyes and then takes another drink of her sprite still shocked.

"Was he good?" I throw my head laughing and then nod my head. Then she takes another drink of her sprite.

"Dammit, I'm out of sprite." She mutters throwing her sprite away and grabbing another out of the fridge.

"Well," She pleads with a little smile plastered on her lips.

"I guess he's okay. For now!"

Flashback 3

"Ems can you look at me for a second!" River yells making Get even more angry.

"You seriously didn't need to fire her over something SO tiny River!" I yell still looking to the side.

I got to know Iris Dawford. She was a very sweet person. I mean, she really did want a chance. And she respected Antonio and Anastasia! UGH! He's always gotta do something so shitty.

"Did you even get to know her?!" I yell still not daring to look at him. He just rolls his eyes and the looks to the side.

"I don't get to know my workers Emmer. They're only there to work, and if they do a bad job I fire them!" River yells making me even more unhappy.

"River you still need to know their story. And give people a second chance!" I yell finally looking at him. He was once again shirtless, had ripped jeans, and had his glasses. And damn.

But I need to keep my ground!

"Ems, I'm the boss here. Not you." and before I knew it River had walked towards me leaving what was practically an inch between us.

"That totally doesn't hurt River."

"Ems... you know I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to expla-" I put my finger on his soft lips making him shut up.

"All I want is a sorry."

"Sorry." He pleads still staring at me with gawking eyes.

"Okay, but you seriously didn't need to fire her!" I yell. Now he rolls his eyes.

"Emmer..." He says in a low sexy voice making me shiver.

"What?" I plead in a somewhat nervous tone.

We just stood there staring back and fourth at each other. Him, me. Him, me.

"Dammit. I can't stay mad at you." He says quickly and then grabs my face bringing me in for a kiss. His soft lips felt so soft. So soft. And the way he savored this kiss made me weak at the knees. This kiss means a lot to me even though I know for a fact it isn't the last.

It's just that this man, means a lot to me.

Emmer

"Dammit." I mutter under my breath. Tyler just stared at me as I lean against the door. I remember.

"I remember..." I mutter softly.

"What?" Tyler pleads. He looked somewhat offended. But, he should. Because he isn't River.

He isn't River William Thornes.

River's mom was serious when she says a Thornes has an affect on you. Because it's extremely true.

I remember everything about River and I. As if it all happened yesterday. 

But I fucked up with River.

🥀💍🥀

YAY!