Chapter 18

"Look James."

"Brother!" He yells sitting next me to me as if nothing happened. He was smiling and I was just disgusted.

"Look, Emmer is gone. And living a different life with a different man." I say saddened. A different man. TYLER to be exact.

"I know. That's why I'm here." He says leaning back into the couch as if this is his home. Which it is not!

"Well, I think she should not come back." I respond with my heart breaking a bit. I could even hear it.

"Come one bro. Don't you want to kiss her lips again. Feel her hands run through your hair. And don't you want her to slap you again when she's angry?" Theres fucking kids. My CHILDREN are in the room. If you wanna talk porn go do that another time. And I'm not willing to talk about it by the way.

"Shut up." I respond giving him the middle finger. He just rolled his eyes and looked at Antonio and Anastasia.

"Y'know your kids need there mama. Anyways Emmer's coming to you and Eveline's wedding."

Kill. Me. Now. Please.

Like, I'm dying of lung cancer, so, why not do it sooner?!

"Okay." I say emotionless. My brother on the other hand smirks to himself. He grabs his phone out and just smiles.

"I guess I will just call her." He winks making me look at him scared.

"James, you wouldn't do that."

"Oh yes I the fuck would." And that's when he dialed her number.

I instantly jumped on James attempting to grab the phone. But James was too fast for me. Eventually the couch fell to its side leaving James there stunned. And that's when I snatched the phone out of his hands.

"Hello?" I could hear Emmer's voice. But I just quickly ended the call and pointed James to the door. He nodded and got up and began to leave.

"Asshole." I mutter.

"Daddy, what does fuck mean?" Antonio pleads making me give groan.

Why does James have to say that word so much?!

****

Emmer

"It's been about a month Efa! I'm not coming back even though I remember. He needs my sister. Sadly, that's what's best." I yell as I talk to Efa on the phone.

Tyler and I now are just staying friends who live together. It's okay. But, kinda boring.

"EmEm, you are so wrong. River and your kids need you more than ever. And I need you. I'm pregnant Emmer. I'm only 3 months but I feel like an elephant!" I laugh at that last part.

"Efa, I'm coming to River and Eveline's wedding. I think that will be awkward enough. And anyways, River's a great father. I know that for a fact."

"But he started drinking again. Including smoking." And that's when I dropped the phone.

"When was the last time you saw him?" I plead with anger. If he acts like the old River. I promise you I will not only slap him across the face. I will fucking murder him too. Because, those are my kids.

"The day you left." Efa says awkwardly.

"Check on him now. See if he is still weird." I plead. Efa quickly ends the call.

That's how I know she's going to do it.

She's a great cousin.

****

"Today! River Thornes was spotted with fiancé Eveline Glyne at Starbucks. And Eveline gave River a kiss on the cheek!" I can't stand this fucking news anymore. Yet, I'm the cause of their marriage. But it was the stupid me that caused it. The me that didn't remember shit.

"Later on Eveline talked to Lop news about how River has been treating her beautifully. Both mentally, and physically. If you know what I mean!"

My. Heart. Just. Sank.

I've been gone for a month and I feel so stressed. And there wedding is in 2 weeks. Yay!

And I'm the fucking maid of honor.

"Yippee." I mutter as Tyler hands me a sprite. I thank him as he walks back to the kitchen.

"Later on, we will get to know how River feels about Eveline! I mean, he has been with both of the Glyne daughters. Who's better? Find out after this commercial.

"Im so watching that." I plead as I walk to the kitchen. Im so glad these commercials are short because I hate waiting forever. Like seriously.

I grab an apple and walk back to the living room only to see River LIVE on the Hellen show. (You have to admit that's funny.)

"Damn." Hellen stats off as River sits on the chair. He looked attractive than ever. He had a black suit. And let me tell you how many time I ripped that suit off him.

Damn.

"No wonder the ladies love you!" Hellen yells fanning herself as her cheeks get red. Everyone in the crowd was either wooing or gasping.

I, on the other hand am just sitting her watching my ex husband find love.

Great life.

On the phone call I did try to tell him I remember and I love him still. But, he ended it before letting me explain.

"Hi." River responds with his sexy voice he used on me when he wanted to kiss me. Oh how I miss that voice.

And weirdly in the crowd I heard someone yell 'Rip your shirt off!'

"Mr Thornes, how is your life?" Hellen asks.

"Different. I'm getting used to how each sister is different. Like, Eveline likes to eat meat. A ton. But then Emmer, she would only eat fruits, salads, and goldfish." River laughs making me blush from even here.

Randomly River coughed heavy making my heart clench. He sounded so painful. It hurt me. And I hate us being a part. I honestly regret everything I did soooooo much.

"Speaking of the Glyne daughters. I'm just gonna get to the point. Which do you like better?" And that's when River blushed. He bit his lip and looked to the side. As I take another bite of my apple as I sit on the couch in my panda onesie.

I'm sad. I know.

"You see Hellen. Like I said earlier, they are very different. Eveline is very willing in love. With Emmer, I had to keep her on her toes. I somewhat had to keep our love life like a living young and the restless. Y'know? When now, it's smooth." I had never seen River's face more red. He's never been this red. Like, does he need an ice pack? I'm serious.

"Well, we all like our good o'l young and the restless." Hellen laughs with River giving her hi dashing smile.

We were kinda like a young and the restless now that I think of it. Huh.

"When's your wedding River?" Hellen pleads.

"2 Days. We haven't sent out the new announcement about that yet. We plan to tonight." And that's when I drop my Apple.

I have to get a flight now.

🥀💍🥀

AHHHHHHHHHH! EMMER AND RIVER ARE MEETING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MONTH! Love ya!