Chapter 16

River

"Crystal..." I mutter under my breath as I hold her in my arms. I haven't held anyone in my arms for what felt like ages. And it felt great to be honest.

"Hmm?" She responds making me lick my lips. I will admit, Crystal is attractive. Extremely attractive.

But then there's Emmer.

I feel as though there is a void in my heart. Like it was ripped out the moment I read that note. I mean, what kind of bitch does that? Leave her family because she feels it's best.

Tell me if I'm okay Emmer.

Hell, forget calling her Ems. It was stupid anyways. Emmer is her name.

Emmer Lee Glyne.

"I need to smoke." I mutter and quickly get up from the bed and put on a white shirt. I grab my glasses and head out of the bedroom and down the stairs and then just stand on the deck outside.

I light my cigarette as I watch the birds fly by. The palms trees swayed with the wind, and the orange sky looked stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Why did she have to leave? My brain thought. Why did the incident at the opera house HAVE to happen. I mean, yes, it's Crystals fault. It's Crystals fault. It's always been her fault. Why did I even think she would change? She's probably using me. Well, I guess I will just use her until I get tired of her.

That's my only choice.

Suddenly I could the house phone ring inside. Emmer and I said that even though house phones are old, we don't want everyone calling us on our phone. So, we decided to get a house phone even though it's old.

Dammit stop thinking of her. She's a bitch.

I walk inside finishing my cigarette and grab the phone.

"Hello?" I plead. It was just silence for a moment. All I heard was the breathing. Kind I creepy to be honest.

"Look, if this is some prank then please end the fucking call." I respond and then quickly hear the person sigh. I roll my eyes still intrigued to know who it is.

"River..." Emmer. No. Fuck no. I'm not going to do this. Nope.

"Please listen to what I have to say." And that's when I ended the call.

I slam the phone back and just stare for a long time.

"Fuck..." my anger came back. I was infuriated. I was too angry.

And that's when I did the unthinkable.

I threw all of the pictures of Emmer and I on the ground. I could feel the tears fall down my cheeks but I just ignored it. I was so angry that I flipped the dining room table on the opposite side. Then I punched the window making it break. I could feel the cuts on my hand but I didn't care. All I knew was that Emmer was the biggest mistake in my life.

Still in anger I ended up punching the wall. Over and over and over and over again.

"Why?! What the hell did I do to deserve this?! Why do I have to be in fucking love?! What the hell did I do?!" I yell falling on my knees. I put my hands on my face and begin to cry.

This girl had such an affect on me I honestly don't know who I am anymore.

Who am I?

****

Emmer

"He ended the call." I yell Tyler as he just stands there watching my every move.

"E, everything will be okay." He says bringing me into a hug. I just cry as I remember everything.

I remember Finland, our Paris honeymoon, stargazing, the cabin I gave birth in, the opera house, Crystal, Blez, Germany, every fucking thing.

And I fucked it all up.

I don't know who I am. But I know who River is,

The love of my life.

****

River

"Daddy!" Antonio and Anastasia both run up to me with tears filled in there eyes.

"Babies, why are you here?" I hadn't even noticed that I was in a hospital bed. Why am I in a hospital bed?

"Daddy you fainted. And you had blood all over your hands!" Anastasia yells making me just remember everything.

"Shit..." I mutter under my breath as I watch them watch my every move. I smile at them but they just have tears filled in there eyes.

"Mommy thought she left for the best. She thought she was doing what was right." Antonio pleads giving me a warming smile. I just smile back at him.

Suddenly I felt a big pain in my lungs making me cough. Both the kids said ew making me laugh making my lungs hurt even more.

"I know babies." I respond. Honestly, I don't know what to say. At all.

"Me Thornes." Suddenly a man Doctor walks into the room knocking on the door with his clipboard.

"I need to talk to you in private." I nod my head and give my kids a kiss on there foreheads making them smile. The wave goodbye and I return the gesture.

"Bye." The doctor says and then quickly shuts the door.

"Mr Thornes, I hate sharing this. To any patient I have. It truly hurts me to say this." I just nod my head as if it was nothing. But right now, I'm extremely scared.

What could be so serious?

I hope it's not too serious.

"Mr Thornes..." He says softly and the sets his clipboard down. He walks towards me and then massages his temples nervous.

"You have lung cancer. And it's doesn't seem to be going away."

🥀💍🥀

Who is your favorite character?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO