Chapter 10

++Emmer P.O.V.++

"Well, this is awkward." Eveline mutters as I just stare at Tyler lying there on the ground.

"River...." heck, I don't know anything about this man. NOTHING. All I know is that he USED to be my lover.

USED to be.

Not anymore.

"Ems..." he walks towards me slowly but I just push him off of me. I have to get away. For a long time.

A really long time.

"Anastasia get Antonio and meet me in your bedroom now." Anastasia quickly nods at me and runs after her brother.

"Don't Get fucking near me." I mutter as I walk away. I just left River there. And I don't care.

****

"I told you. I will just be gone for a little while. Mommy just needs to find herself again. Okay?" I hated to see my kids crying. But, I believe this is best.

For all of us.

"Okay..." they both mutter in sync. I grabs my bags and give them both a kiss on their foreheads. They both smile and hug me.

"Love you." I say as I embrace them.

I love these kids and I'm so thankful I remember them. I'm thankful I remember the people that matter in my life.

"Bye." I mutter as I walk out of the bedroom door.

Then that's when he was standing there.

"River... please move." I mutter softly trying to slide out the door but he just blocks me with his arms crossed.

"No." He continues to stand there as I sigh.

"Please. I just need to do somethings."

"With those bags? I could take them if you want. You know what? How about I take them anyways." He quickly winks at me and attempts to grab my bag until I quickly slap him across the face.

"I-I don't know what that was River. I'm so sorry." Before I knew it my cheeks were red as I saw him hold his hand on his red cheek. He just stared to the side for what seemed like ages.

And I just stared at him.

He truly is a beautiful structure. The way his blue eyes stand out from his gorgeous tan skin. Then that jet black hair that looks manly, yet youthful. It was gorgeous. And his chest. The way his chest kind of shaped all of his shirts he wore was very attractive. His chest managed to somehow to shape through his shirts he would wear. And he had very muscular arms. It even looked more muscular lately. Compared to the first day I saw him, I can see has improved.

"Don't go." He mutters softly continuing to look to the side.

I just look down and shake my head.

"You don't get it do you?" I respond back making him look up at me. We made eye contact quickly. As if we couldn't look at anything else.

"I can't remember things! I can't remember you!" I didn't even notice I was cry and yelling.

But River continued to stand there. And he just stared.

"And you think I'm not affected at all? I'm the one that remembers everything. I remember our first kiss, marriage, break up, child birth, and everything else that matters the most to me Ems!" Now He was beginning to cry. The way he his jaw clenched as he thought about what he said, kind of killed me inside.

"And now I cry. Just like I do every night." He responds rolling his eyes as he massages his temples in anger. He sighs and then looks back up at me.

"I don't know what to do anymore Ems. And, I can't resort to anyone because they won't understand. They will only try to comfort me. But, none of it makes it better." He mutters as he stares at me.

"I'm sorry." I don't regret saying that. If anything, I've probably made him feel 100 times worse.

"It's fine." He says with a dead tone. He just looked to the side as he leaned on the wall in a somewhat anger.

"I just wish I could kiss you."

Now I'm shocked. Did he say 'kiss me?' He said it. He wants to kiss me. And I still don't know this man. But, I somewhat do.

"I Umm, I'm sorry you can't?" What. Was. That.

He chuckled to himself as he continued to look off in the distance.

"Can we try to get to know each other?" He pleads as I just nod my head smiling.

"Can we watch a movie?" He pleads as I roll my eyes nodding.

"Great. I will see you at 9 in the theatre room. Wear something comfy but cute." He winks at me as he walks away leaving me there in awe.

I have a date. Kind of. Like, in the theatre room of our mansion. Is that weird?

Nah.

****

"Kids! Help mommy with something!" I had apologized to the kids about earlier and told them I hadn't known what was going through my head. I was just confused. And they understood.

"Mommy!" Anastasia and Antonio both yell in sync. I just laugh as they run up to me giving me a hug.

"I saw you guys like an hour ago. I think you will live." I laugh as I give them a hug back. I kiss them on the cheeks giving them a smile.

It's almost 9. Like, it's literally 8:50. And the kids go to bed at 9.

"Time for bed!" I yell and quickly push them out the door and continue to push them to their bedrooms. They both pouted but then smiled.

"Goodnight Mom." Antonio said giving me a wink.

"Why did you wink at me?" I laughed as he shrugged.

"Daddy does it to you all the time."

"Okay. Goodnight kids." They both smiled and then quickly shut their doors and turned off their lights.

Honestly, I didn't know what River meant by, wear something comfy but cute. So, I put on my red rose shirt, and black ripped jeans. Nothing much but, it will do.

I begin to walk down the hall and down the stairs.

The theatre room was in the basement area. So, it's pretty quite down there. And isolated.

I finally had found the theatre room only to see River in his glasses, a white sweatshirt, and ripped blue jeans.

If I just met this man, I would've told you that he is probably some snobby super model.

But damn, he is fine.

🥀💍🥀

OOOOOOOOOOH! MOVIE NIGHT! I'm so tired rn. It's the middle of the night and I'm updating this thing. My eyes r so droopy😭
Anyways, love ya!