Chapter 17

"Lung cancer?" I plead. The doctor just nods his head. I roll my eyes. I think I may actually cry. I'm fucking dying.

Alone.

I don't have Emmer. She's a beautiful bitch that doesn't want me. All she probably wants now is a fucking stable home.

"Please get out for a minute." I plead. The doctor nods and exits. I just sit there massaging my temples. Until suddenly the doors swing open to reveal Emmer and My parents.

"What the hells do you guys want?"

"River!" My mother yells making my father laugh. I roll my eyes and look at me mother unpleasant.

"Well, were just here to tell you that..." Emmer's mother starts of. But honestly, I don't don't know why her family is here. They aren't my family anymore.

"Your getting married to Eveline." ... I honestly don't think I should comment on that.

Too much shit has happened today. Too much.

"Get the fuck out." I say softly.

"What?" My mother pleads.

"Get out." Now I say in an angry yet not loud voice.

"Huh?" My father says. I roll my eyes and then burst, "GET THE HELL OUT MY LIFE IS FUCKED UP!" I yell making my mother gasp.
I just roll my eyes and look to the side.

"Well, we just want you to know that Emmer did this so we could still have our company deal, and so that you aren't lonely. That's all Emmer wanted." Emmers mother says making me just sit there. I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks making me so unhappy.

"Please leave." I say sadly. I could hear the crack in my voice. They all left shutting the door.

My life is over. I'm going to die Married to someone I don't love. I'm not even attracted to Eveline like I am to Emmer. Honestly, in this moment if I saw Emmer I probably would have kissed like there was no tomorrow, like this was my last action before I die, I would want that to be the last thing I do. But sadly, she doesn't even remember me. She doesn't even want me. She left me. She left everyone who cared about her.

And somehow, deep down, I know Emmer will forever be the love of my life. No one can replace her.

She made me into a better person. She made me feel What love is. She let me know that love isn't just lust, it's also just loving to be near someone, enjoying there presence, and knowing that they are the person that you want to wake up to every morning. Even if they have stinky breath when you kiss them you don't care, they are the person you love. Even if Emmer was ugly I would have sex with her, I would still want her to have my kids, I would still want to kiss her every morning. She's my true love.

And she threw that all away.

****

"Daddy! Look at this new book I'm reading!" Anastasia runs over to me showing me a book called 'Be mine and only mine'

"Isn't that a bit too Umm... lovey doves for you?" I plead. She just shrugs and hands me the book.

"I couldn't even read the entire first page. Too many words. Hurt my head." She pleads giving me a hug.

I had made it back to my house. And I kicked Crystal out the moment I entered. I don't even know what has gotten into me to be honest. But, I'm improving slowly.

Maybe mentally I'm improving but physically, I'm not.

"You guys want anything to eat?" I plead as I walk towards the fridge.

"I want a Barbie doll!" Antonio responds making Anastasia give him the most deadly look. He was laughing his head off.

Then quickly Anastasia ran over to him and slapped him right across the face making me burst out laughing.

Just like Emmer.

"Let's not get physical okay?" I yell as I grab a Barbie doll that just happened to be on the counter. I smirk as I put the Barbie doll on the plate with a fork and knife.

I walk towards Antonio smiling "Here you go." I respond giving him the plate. He smiled and waved the Barbie doll right in Anastasia's face.

I laughed as I sat on the watching couch Anastasia get furious. It was just a show to me.

"What the hell is going on here?" Suddenly I turn my head only to see Eveline. Aww shit.

"Umm... nothing really. Just playing." I smile then roll my eyes looking back at my kids.

"That's no way to talk to your fiancé."

"Look Eveline, I don't want this so, I'm not going to consider you as my fiancé. Okay? Okay." I respond. Eveline gasped staring at me. She quickly hugged and walked away in anger. I smirked to myself as I continued to watch my kids play.

"River." I knew that voice. No, it can't be. No. It's not. Why would this person come back.

"What do you want?" I plead nervous. The person laughs. But still, I do not see this person. But I know this person way too well.

"Emmer. Emmer Lee Glyne."

🥀💍🥀

WHO IS IT?! Hehehehe. I mean, I know but, YOU don't know so, yeah. Yup. Welp this is awkward now. Love ya!