Chapter 14

"Ha! That's real shit Hans! I'm glad we could do this tonight. I need a break from Crystal you know." I wink at Hans as we stand there at the bar with our shots.

"Isn't that Heath?" Hans pleads as I watch Heath walking our way. I give Heath my middle finger but he just throws his hand back laughing.

"I'm just here to say hi to the good o'l 'billionaire player'." He says laughing.

I laugh with him putting my arm around his shoulder. I set my drink in the counter as I continue to laugh with him until I punch him right across the face making his lip bleed.

Sadly, he just was lying there on the floor unconscious. I really wanted to fight tonight. I was in the mood.

"Let's go Hans." I plead with Hans too busy staring at Heath on the floor. I quickly snap my finger making him following me.

"River..." He pleads as we exit the bar. He was breathing heavy but I don't care.

"Don't go back to your old ways."

"Too fucking late." I respond as I get in my car.

"River. I'm driving."

"The fuck not. I believe this is my fucking car. So, I do what the fuck I want. Kay?" I respond back and take my cigarette out and light it.

I blow the smoke into his face making him cough as I laugh.

"Still a little kid." I laugh rolling my eyes.

"River. Stop." He pleads making me laugh even harder.

"River. Stop." I mimic.

"Bro..."

"Bro..."

"Your real shit y'know?" I plead. Then I snap my finger for him to sit in the seat but he shakes his head.

"You really are a jerk." Hans pleads and then walks away rolling his eyes.

"I can walk by the way!" Hans yells giving me the middle fingers.

I just sit there emotionless.

"Who gives a shit." I mutter under my breath. And start the car.

****

++Emmer P.O.V.++

"Victor?" I plead with a confused look. He just stood there slyly. I haven't seen a man so attractive in what felt so long. Because, it took Tyler and I to get to Indiana for about a week because we made stops along the way.

"The one and only." He pleads winking at me. And before I could speak he grabs my wrist and brings me outside and shuts the door.

"It's River. I know you've lost your memory but, he's horrible Emmer." He pleads.

I'm emotionless to be honest. I don't care about him anymore.

"Then he can be horrible." I wink and begin to turn around but Victor grabs my hand again turning me back.

"Emmer. You are his world. And he's breaking down." Victor pleads with desperation. He looked so desperate for the answer he wanted. But, I know that my leave was best for everyone. I mean, I haven't even heard my kids laugh so much in so long. I had caused them stress. That's the main reason I left. I knew I was bad for my kids.

"Well, he needs to find a new world." I finally walk back into the house leaving Victor outside. I shut the door as Victor rolls his eyes.

"I know you still loved him when you married me." Victor mutters right before I close the door.

"At the time I guess I did." I respond.

"You can't throw the love you two have away. I know what I did to our marriage was wrong. Very wrong. But Emmer, you and River have practically a fairytale love. The type of love everyone dreams of. And your just going to throw that away? I know your slightly remembering things Emmer. The doctors told me you will be cured eventually. But, it's just you being selfish and leaving the people who love you. Just so you can feel safe." My heart stopped. It felt as though the world froze. I knew for a fact Tyler heard every word. I'm somewhat glad he did.

"Safety is the best thing in life Victor." I wink and then shut the door.

Quickly I lean back against the door in pain.

I am remembering things. It's coming back very slowly. I'm just scared. What if I already did throw away everything? Why would I do that if I knew things were slowly coming back. I mean, I had River wrapped around my finger. If I wanted him back he would've said yes in a heart beat. That's the River Thornes I know.

But now, I'm afraid I'm too late. I'm afraid I hurt him too much.

I'm afraid he's gone.

🥀💍🥀

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Btw plz don't hate one Emmer for leaving her kids. I mean, she's doing what she believes is best. She's thinking she is being a good parent rn. Bye I'm sorry this book is going by kind of slowly. I've just been busy and all that crap. But now, I'm on spring break! YAY!