part I

i honestly don't know how it happened. one minute i was underneath the scorching los angeles sun, holding an unremarkable life. now i'm staring into a different kind of sun, one that my world spins around. one that occupies the face of someone i never imagined knowing.
__

all stories must have a beginning. you can't understand the entirety of each reaction without first knowing the action. if living in a small apartment in los angeles, california was my first course of action, i had been doing that for at least 6 months.

i suppose california wasn't too dreadful. i had friends and i wasn't drowning in hardship. guess that's all you can ask for. i had my own problems but nothing a bottle of jim beam couldn't drown out. but the life of laralyn creed never could be so so uncomplicated.

this particular night, i was pretty keen to drown my sorrows in alcohol and reverberating music. i was accompanied by one other friend, and as the february wind blew slightly in our faces, we rubbed our hands together in a desperate attempt to gain some warmth.

"jessieeeee." i groaned, shifting intolerably in a vaguely tight black dress. contrary to what you were probably imagining, it wasn't slinky and sexy. the fact of the matter is, i'm not your stereotypical perfectly toned and alluring model type.

i had love handles and stretch marks and not the most toned stomach in the world. my figure made me brood a certain kind of self consciousness, no matter what i was wearing. yeah, some guys were interested in me and it wasn't like i never had boyfriends, but my body type was never what was depicted in the movies and it kinda drained me.

especially when you hung around jessie, the most perfect model type in the world. her bubbly personality drew everyone to her, if they weren't too involved gaping at her body first. it was about 11 pm but the night had barely started.

a red bodycon dress stuck to her slim figure as she rolled her eyes at my exasperated complaints. "we are almost there. and besides, some pretty cool bands are supposed to be hanging there for an after party." she pointed out.

"anyone i listen to?" i said, perking up, my interest suddenly peaked. she rattled off a few names, none of which was distinguishable to me. i shrugged my shoulders. "let me get drunk in peace or something, and not worry about band members."

she ignored my usual catty comment as we finally crossed the threshold of the club. we scurried off to the bar, instantly ordering some drinks and freely dancing. through the pulsating neon lights, i watched her eyes scan the room after a few moments before mouthing something to me and leaving me.

i shrugged my shoulders, knowing I was able to have a perfectly fine time on my own. i let the music glide through me as i danced and my eye caught jessie across the club, gyrating on some lanky guy with braids and a disheveled bun.

he seemed more interested in the alcohol in his hand than my friend and it seemed off. everyone loved jessie, or at least her body. being her friend was great, but it was troublesome knowing you weren't as valued as her.

i ignored the situation, figuring whoever the guy was, he was too tipsy to really register what was going on. i continued to dance and drained a few shots until i felt a sublime buzz throughout my body.
a few songs later, jessie slipped out of nowhere, gripping onto my hand, her drunken shape becoming very apparent.

"come with me. i have a surprise." she pronounced, wiggling her eyebrows in secret. i rolled my eyes but followed her lead into a plush strapped off booth, smoke surrounding it. i noticed the braid boy, and a couple of other very attractive guys sitting in the booth.

the braid boy's outfit consisted of a dark scarlet flannel that was unbuttoned, showcasing his figure, and close-knit black jeans. his hair was messy but somehow hot. he held a certain type of beauty that wasn't like your typical california boy.

another guy had long golden hair, with a relaxed smile and already seemed like a pleasurable time. he was certainly attractive. the next guy had chestnut curly type hair, which was thrown into a ponytail, hair falling out of it at the sides. his facial hair was groomed yet scruffy at the same time and i liked it.

they all turned up to look at me, and i sensed jessie had scored an appeal to the booth. we all looked at each other awkwardly for a little while before the boy with facial hair broke the quietude.

"well hello there. i'm clinton."

_______

hey guys, so if you're reading this i'm assuming you just read my first chapter!! i haven't written fanfic in forever so i hope it's okay?? please vote it up if y'all want more! i'll be pretty active with my updates and if y'all want to tell me something, feel free to leave a comment. also, oo shit Clinton getting right in there with laralyn lol okayyy let's see where this goes.