part LVIII

*laralyn's pov*

"happy birthday," mitchel murmured to me for what seemed like the millionth time that night. though mitchel and i had technically been together a year and a half now, this was the first birthday of mine spent with him (hence, the break last summer) and i had enjoyed every second of it.

we had went to the cheesecake factory with clinton, christian, jesse, and pat, and spent way too much money on pasta and assorted cheesecakes to celebrate. life at the moment was a current state of beautiful that i couldn't get over.

i smelled the aroma of mint and cigarettes in the air around me, probably a result of mitchel's black t shirt hung over my body. i cuddled more into his figure as i watched jesse return from the kitchen with a bottle of wine.

"here's an extra birthday gift lara," he grinned, my eyes lighting up as i watched him pour the red wine into some glasses for us. the unmistakable holler of excitement that came out of christian's throat was too funny, and i cracked up, listening to the blonde praise jesse for his gift.

"didn't you have enough alcohol?" i questioned him in bewilderment. the boys had all came back to mitchel and i's place after dinner and were up to the usual mischief and antics.

clinton shook his head at my question. "there is no such thing as too much alcohol," he stated from the other couch, all the boys piled onto it drinking as jesse handed me a glass. i looked towards mitchel who was still leaned into me, his warm figure and comforting aroma enveloping me.

"well, did you have a nice time tonight sir?" i asked him, my eyes sweeping over every feature of his unique face. his thick eyelashes and slightly red cheeks, his lips parted slightly as he looked up at me, his eyes piercing mine.

"of course i did, mon ange," he replied softly, using the common nickname he had recently gifted me. "getting to celebrate you might just have been the highlight of my year."

i shook my head, blushing slightly at his words. it was crazy to me how after all of this time, he still gave me the most spellbinding butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

"you flatter me too much," i whispered back sweetly, pressing a kiss onto his lips gently.

"you know, i can't say i'm not jealous," clinton said suddenly, interrupting our moment as he studied us.

"what do you mean?" mitchel asked, his head lifting up towards his brother.

"he means how in love you guys are," pat piped up suddenly. "it's truly special the life you guys are building," he murmured in his usual soft spoken fashion.

i felt my face heat up slightly. "i'm sure you'll all find that one day," i protested.

"hey, excuse me, i have already found that," christian interjected, obviously referring to alexa. i invited her out to eat with us, but she had gotten quite big in her acting and music, and was currently shooting for a huge movie in new york.

i shrugged. "okay, well besides you christian," i corrected myself for his sake. he leaned back into the sofa cushions contently.

"it is a nice place you have here," jesse noted, his eyes scanning the open living room. when mitchel told me six months ago he found the perfect place for me, he really wasn't kidding.

the house was very open, windows basically everywhere, with a staircase straight from heaven that eventually lead out to a huge balcony with an absolutely breathtaking view of the sunrise and sunset every day.

ever since i moved in with him, my cyclic philosophy of sunsets and sunrises had only gotten better. but so had everything else. i found myself very intrigued by philosophy and the human connection with the world around us, which led to many days of me situated outside on the balcony writing, as mitchel made music in the room behind me.

something about us sparked the creativity in one another. having mitchel opened my mind up to how beautiful life could be, resulting in a new found interest in what i mentioned. and i was the muse of many many chase atlantic songs. it seemed like all he wrote about was the gorgeous love we shared all the time.

i wasn't complaining. "i know, i still can't believe i live here sometimes," i finally admitted to jesse. "it's just so...fitting."

clinton nodded. "you nerds are made for each other," he said, his eyes sweeping around the home we decorated to our entwined bodies on the couch. "it's quite impressive," he added.

mitchel waved his comments off. "you can't just give normal compliments, huh?"

clinton shrugged, pulling either arm around christian to the left of him on the couch and jesse on the right. "hey, blame it on the bitches."

"okay, i am not your bitch," christian retaliated, leaning more into pat to get away from clinton's grip. "keep that bullshit with jesse."

which immediately started a bickering war between them, and though it was typical and i was very used to it by now, i still got up off the couch.

"on that note, i'm going to bed. are you joining sweetheart?" i asked mitchel. he nodded in response, turning to shoot lasers practically at the boys. "party is over gang," he mumbled as he stood up also.

"because you guys want to fuck," jesse murmured jokingly. i playfully rolled my eyes. "and what if we do? it is my birthday after all."

after a year and a half with mitchel, you think the boys would be used to any pda between us but christian still managed to stand up and high five mitchel and whisper, "get some," in a low voice.

i shooed them out the door, giving a special death glare to christian before shutting the door frame and turning to mitchel. "my love."

"ma cherie," he replied sweetly, his arms wrapping around me.

"what a beautiful life we have made, mr cave."

________

hmm, looks like we are very close to the ending of this book. i'll save my sappy feelings for another time but i'm eternally grateful for all the support i've been gifted here 💓