part XV

an unanticipated sweet scent of roses filled my nostrils. i tossed my hair behind my back, setting foot into the dimly lit house. mitchel had swore he made clinton abandon the house tonight, because mitch wanted to hang over at his place.

my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting as i made my way towards the living room. i wasn't sure why the house was so dark or why it smelt like bath and body works kinda, and i was a little curious.

this felt weirdly different from mitchel and i's normal hang out sessions. as i was thinking this, i approached the living room. holy shit. and what waited for me there was nothing short of every 12 year old girl's dream, and possibly even better.

first thing that caught my eye was always mitchel. he wore a long sleeve black shirt with another baggy black shirt over it, tucked into his signature dark skinny jeans with a belt around his waist.

a few necklaces adorned his neck and his hair was pulled into a messy bun, the end pieces of the bun hanging onto his forehead. the next thing that caught my eye was what was in his hand.

he held a mini velvet box of some sorts with roses in his hand. and the last thing was the actual decor of the living room. like every cliche chick flick you ever saw, there were roses scattered among the carpeted floor and the room's aroma had the strong scent of a rose.

my eyes traveled through all of this, attempting to take it in. "what is this?" i whispered. mitchel paused and then his polished voice weaved its way through the silence. "laralyn." he pronouced, moving closer to me and setting the things in his hands down, before grasping my hands.

the familiar shutter and butterflies i felt worked its way through my body, as i felt electric with his touch. "laralyn creed." he spoke again. "you honestly enchant me. every look, every touch, every sweet syllable that comes out of your lips. your existence gives me a new meaning and feeling that i can not explain. i can't stand the thought of you being hurt, of you being sad. i want to see you happy always babe. i want to be the reason behind every laugh and smile. i want you to be mine more than anything else, and i want to belong to you more than anything else that has ever existed in this world. i'm aware this is the most cheesy thing that has ever happened to you, but i want to give you the world, cause to me you are the world. be officially mine?"

i felt like i was in a dream. nothing in this moment mattered more to me than mitchel and the words spilling out of his soul. i looked into his eyes and saw every emotion.

every heartbreak, every disappointment when it came to love, and the hesitation from mistakes of the past. but most importantly, i saw him for who he was and what he felt in this moment.

the hopefulness, the love, the adoration, the obsession, the desire, the incessant need to have me be his. his eyes overflowed with everything that i had never seen and i had never felt more connected to a human being more than in this moment.

"mitchel cave, i will be yours until the end of time." i softly replied, my eyes meeting his with the same intensity he showed me.

and his lips crashed into mine. his hands caressed my waist, before moving onto my face, his hands running through my hair as electricity moved with passion through our kiss.

i had never felt anything more right in this universe, and i pulled him closer to me, unable to get enough of him. he reluctantly pulled back. "fuck, you're something special laralyn. i can't put my finger on it, but i'll find out." he spoke against my lips.

i grinned radiantly, a soft laugh escaping my lips. he smiled back and grasped the velvet box. "i'm so happy you said yes, or else this would be quite useless." he spoke, opening the box.

inside the box was a gorgeous necklace. it was shaped in a diamond, and i was almost positive real diamonds outlined the shape of it. his initials were written in fancy script in the middle and it was honestly beautiful.

i had no words as i gaped down on it. he continued to speak as i surveyed it. "we're going on a tour in a month and i know you won't be able to travel to every destination, so i wanted to give you this little part of me. for when the facetimes and sweet text messages aren't enough."

a heartwarming tear escaped my eye, and he kissed it away with his soft lips. he walked to the back of me and clipped it around my neck, kissing the side of my neck gently as he did.

"i adore you laralyn." he whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around me from behind. i blushed, not able to comprehend what was happening.

no one had ever shown me something like this and i certainly had no idea mitchel had this kind of side to him. the next 45 minutes were a blur as we spoke about anything, cuddled up on the couch and kissing every few minutes.

"i can't believe this happened you know. like, i met someone that doesn't suck and i actually would want to spend life with." he laughed lowly. i giggled and nodded my head.

i had been on my own for so long i never really wanted a relationship. but mitchel clicked. he ignited a flame inside me that craved his presence. he was so special, so talented, he was so everything.

the night got later and he carried me up to his bedroom, promising that everyone in the house was gone for the night. and what happened next could be expected. sparks flew, and eyes rolled back, but i had never felt anything like the connection i had with mitchel cave.

___________

well guys it took 15 chapters but your otp is FINALLY TOGETHER YAY!! how are y'all feeling about it?? issa ship? or no? please vote and comment cause it makes my heart so full when you do!