part XXIII

the sound of my back cracking was never friendly on my ears. i stretched out my whole body, a yawn escaping my mouth. i felt like i was in that surreal uncomfortable phase after a nap where i couldn't tell if i was tired or replenished.

i glanced beside me to see mitchel laying down beside me with headphones in, his eyes glued to the laptop screen. i peeked my head closer to his to scrutinize what he was watching.

i gasped, a giggle fleeing my mouth when i saw precisely what it was. it was simple knowledge to him that i was obsessed with the vampire diaries. we were on a tour bus for a few hours as we drove to the first show of their tour and so we determined to lay down at the back of the bus.

it took a long time but i had eventually persuaded mitch to watch the vampire diaries with me, starting from season one. he objected, not understanding why i liked the salvatore brothers so much.

he believed it was stupid and aimed for chicks but knowing he still kinda had stuff to make up for, he ultimately approved and we had laid down and began watching.

that was until i fell asleep and mitchel being the pristine gentleman he is, put in headphones and continued watching. he was altogether invested in this show now i could see, and it was pretty damn amusing.

i poked his shoulder, supposing we were getting close to the city anyhow. he looked up and quickly closed the laptop screen once he realized i was awake. he pulled out his headphones and gave me a sheepish grin.

"oh hey darling, i see you've woken up." he said briskly. he's so humiliated about liking my show, i can tell. "mhm. so you're a vampire diaries fan now? who's your favorite salvatore?" i teased.

he rolled his eyes and clamped his lips shut in self-consciousness. i kissed his cheek sweetly and folded my arms around him. "i'm just playing baby, i love the fact you don't hate my show."

he looked up, annoyance on his face. "damon, for your information. i weirdly relate to him." he muttered.

i stifled a laugh and nodded. i opened my mouth to retaliate about how stefan was much better, but i didn't have a possibility to speak before christian bumbled into the small space, covering his eyes with his hands.

"please don't be fucking, please don't be fucking, please don't be fucking," he kept whispering over and over to himself.

"christian! we aren't having sex! what do you want?" i inquired, interrupting him from his spell. he took his hand off his face and shot us a grin. "better safe than sorry, ya know."

mitchel rolled his eyes, but i could tell he was thankful christian saved him from my teasing. "what do you want kras?" he groaned.

christian put his hands up in defense, raising his eyebrows. "i was told to come back here and tell you guys that we've arrived. don't shoot the messenger."

i laughed at his words and nodded. "well thank you. you can leave now."

he shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the small bed with us. "how about we all go out for some drinks?"

mitchel hit him playfully. "two things. get off this damn bed before it breaks, and laralyn and i already have plans. so leave, as she said."

christian made a fake pouty face at us. "y'all suck. clinton doesn't want to get smashed with me either." i shuddered at the thought of being around a drunk clinton.

"good. keep it that way." i snapped, giving him a look. kras nodded and made a salute gesture with his hands. "aye aye captain. i'll be on the clinton sobriety patrol. does this mean i can wear my sailor hat?"

"NO." mitchel and i both spoke at the same time. christian glared at us once more before leaving, seemingly tired of our moodiness.

mitch sighed and got up, stretching his long lanky legs. "where do you want to eat? i would say olive garden but..." he trailed off.

i shrugged in response. "whatever sounds good to you. i don't know these places as well as you do. so take me wherever."

he nodded. "alright then. ready to go? i have an idea of where to eat." i smiled. "that was fast."

he winked. "what can i say, i'm a genius." i rolled my eyes playfully and got off the bed also, hearing my back pop once again and wincing. we both strolled out of the little space and into the main area of the bus.

clinton and kras were seated on one sofa, laughing at memes. i don't think anything described them better than that, as they tapped away on clinton's phone. i shook my head at their behavior.

clinton and i have actually started a friendship and i'm not too fearful to be around him anymore. as long as he's not drinking, i know i'll be suitable. he could actually be genial sometimes, believe it or not.

pat and jesse were seated on the other couch, deep in some conversation. i hadn't talked to them much as they weren't generally around as much. i was pretty chill with jesse and pat and i just seemed to be acquaintances.

i waved at them and yawned. "i can tell she crashed." jesse snickered, surveying me. it was kinda weird having a best friend named jessie and then there was this jesse, but i had slowly grown accustomed to it.

mitch nodded. "yep, after subjecting me to the torture that is chick flicks." they all made a wincing sound and i hit his arm. "i woke up and you were watching the vampire diaries, shut up." i shot back.

the boys bursted out in laughter. "mitchel, what the fuckkk?" clinton laughed. mitchel gave me a glare. "oh, i'm so getting you back for this."

i shrugged my shoulders and wandered off the bus. "try me, cave."

__________

alright sooo tour life has started!! leave me a comment if ya wanttt ;) and ofc a vote! as always, much love babes