part XXXVI

*mitchel's pov*

"behave," christian said, his eyes narrowing down onto me. i rolled my eyes, looking up. "what makes you think i won't?"

we were currently sitting in a car, on the way to a radio station. i shook my head, glancing over at clinton. his face showed a remote sign of worry and i let out an annoyed breath.

"because you're pretty unstable and the last time we tried to talk about it, you flipped your shit and disappeared for two days," clinton finally spoke up.

okay, perhaps that was accurate. i had stayed with my friend xavier for a while, not wanting to deal with the guys until i felt like i was absolutely ready to. i had to come back after a few days cause we had studio time, and no matter what, i wasn't gonna jeopardize my music. music was all i had at this point.

"why are you guys treating me like a ticking time bomb? i already went off, i already exploded, and you guys took the brunt of it. now i'm just trying to pick up the shrapnel," i sighed.

that night at the club a few weeks ago made me face the ugly truth. the truth is that i couldn't distract myself from laralyn through other girls. cause i couldn't even find a girl remotely similar to her, she was honestly one of a kind.

and it hurt, it hurt to reflect on the fact that she could just so easily kiss another guy and hold him, as if our relationship never existed. i knew she was high, i knew she wasn't in the right state of mind, but if i let her get away with this, she would think it was permissible. and it wasn't.

christian gave me a sympathetic smile and patted my knee. "try to take your mind off of her for now. we're just gonna talk about the music, alright buddy?"

soon the car stopped in front of the radio station and we clambered out of the car. i stretched my black skinny jean clad legs as we strolled inside of the station. being cramped inside of that car with the guys while they attempted to defuse my feelings for laralyn wasn't enjoyable. their heart was in the right place, and they really had stepped off since the blowout a few weeks ago, but as far as i was concerned, i didn't require help from them.

we went ahead and walked into the room, sitting down at the three chairs lined up for us. the radio host gave us a grin and shook our hands. "i'm psyched to have you guys hear and play some of your music. we'll talk a bit also with some questions, if that's cool with you?"

clinton nodded his head. "yeah, we're all cool with it. ask away."

i nodded my head along with his words and soon we were slipping the headphones on to start the interview.

the first few questions were pretty elementary. just stuff like, "how did you first get into music, what's it like producing, etc."

i had answered most of the questions, mostly cause i was the lead singer and it was kinda part of the job description. of course the other boys added onto what i had to say a lot, but for the most part this was smooth sailing.

"so your first album came out in october, and i have to say, it sounds really good. the vibe in your album is so different from the older projects you have released, what kinda inspired that?"

i smiled, this was a normal question. "well, the move to los angeles had a lot to do with it. los angeles is crazy different from australia, and when we moved here, the culture shock was very very real and it pulled that into our music also."

clinton gave him a wicked grin. "the night life here is insane."

the radio host smiled. "ahh, i see what you boys are getting at. but enough about music, hows the personal life been since coming back from tour?"

i stiffened up, the truth was that it was terrible. but i knew there was a considerable chance laralyn would see this, and she didn't need to know how i was really feeling.

"oh it's been great! part of it relaxing, part of it partying. everything is a celebration man, and we're celebrating getting off that tour alive and doing a damn good job of it," i replied, smirking.

christian shot me a look, seeing if i was alright and i waved him off. i didn't mention her, i just wanted to see if maybe i could make her hurt as bad as me.

clinton rolled his eyes. "yeah, not that much partying though. we're working on lots of new music, it's keeping us busy."

the radio man smiled. "alright alright, seems like you maybe have some girls to hold you down."

clinton tensed up and gave me a glance. "haha, i don't know man," he fake laughed.

"oh cmon, i know mitchel and christian here have had some special ladies while on tour. how's that going?"

christian went to open his mouth but i cut him off. "special ladies on tour? no way, just cause i posted a girl on instagram a few times doesn't mean she ever meant anything to me. hoes are hoes, and they definitely aren't loyal. that's why i never trusted them, but i definitely got a new girl since i came back home and she's pretty damn amazing. she's not a cheating kind of bitch, you know?"

the lie came out before i could think to stop it. that wasn't true, laralyn had meant everything to me and i didn't have a new girl. she was the only girl i could think about, but there was always a part of me that wanted her to hurt as bad as i was hurting. there was always a part that wondered what it would be like.

there was always a part of me that wanted to destroy her emotions.

________

oh shit mitchel ain't playing around i guess. if ya liked the chapter, give me a vote and i would LOVE some comments 🥀 bye babes