part LVI

*laralyn's pov*

it was absolutely crazy to think i had known mitchel for ten months now. more importantly, it was crazy to think i was in his hometown of australia on christmas day, surrounded by his family and presents.

i had just been woken up by mitchel, him poking my cheek groggily. the first week in australia we stayed in a hotel, but brian and biddi finally convinced us we needed to stay at their home and mitchel was all too happy to agree.

i had to admit there was an element of cuteness with the way i fell asleep with him every night, cramped in a twin bed and looking at the childhood memories displayed on his wall.

i finally turned to mitchel, swatting his hand away from my face. "poke my cheek again and i will end your life," i said softly, still trying to wake up fully.

"laralyn, it's christmas!! we have to get up and open presents like right now," he complained, the undertone of excitement obvious in his voice.

i had to admit i was a bit curious to see what mitchel had gotten me, and that was the main reason i slid out of his bed, stretching my limbs. he eyed my silk pajama pants with amusement, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "you look good even when you first wake up."

i scoffed, running my fingers through my hair in the vanity mirror as mitchel loped to the connected bathroom, the sound of water running filling the room as he brushed his teeth.

i eventually joined him, brushing my teeth alongside him as he hummed the tune of some song i didn't know, and i'm sure it was a song from their album they were working on.

mitchel finally gripped my hand after i rinsed my mouth, giving me a serious look. "it's present time."

he swung open the door of his bedroom, dragging me and him down the carpet stairs and into the cozy living room. i eyed the presents underneath the tree, spotting my present i had gotten for mitchel and noticing clinton and biddi cuddled on a couch together.

this was a real family christmas, it was everything i had ever really wanted as a child but never had. i was used to my parents throwing their credit card at me and telling me not to bother them, it was never anything like this and it excited me to know that i had this kind of life with mitchel and that our future kids could know this too.

biddi perked up as she saw me and mitchel. "there's some breakfast in the kitchen if you want some sweetheart," she said, motioning towards me as brian entered the room with a cup of coffee.

"no no, let's just open presents," mitchel whined like a kid, sitting on his knees by the christmas tree and gesturing for me to join him.

i ignored the growl of my stomach as i sat down with mitchel, and watched as clinton sheepishly joined us to open presents.

"i want to open my gift from lara first," mitchel announced, his eyes scanning the tree until he spotted the blue wrapping paper, picking it up and sitting it in his lap.

what he didn't know was he actually had two gifts from me.

he started ripping the paper, excitement clear in his motions as he furrowed his eyebrows at the clear indication this was a smaller present. he opened the box, gasping and looking at me. "i hate you."

he pulled the present out, clinton instantly laughing like a maniac. i had bought mitchel some brand new black skinny jeans, since it seemed like all he wore was the one pair he owned. i knew fans had been asking mitchel to get new pants for forever and it seemed only fitting i do the job for him.

mitchel groaned, giving me a look. "you're funny, you know that?" he murmured, picking up the levi's gift card i also had included so he could pick out some more pants when he shopped.

"baby, i gave you more than that, i promise," i giggled, watching mitchel survey his new pants with slight disdain. i picked up the other present that had been hidden in the back of the assortment of gifts and put it on his lap. "this is what i really want to see you open."

mitchel smiled, leaning up to give me a kiss. "even if you hadn't gotten me anything i would have been happy, angel," he whispered against my lips.

i rolled my eyes playfully at his words. "okay okay diva, just open your present, i know how excited you are."

he nodded quickly, tearing into the flimsy paper and then opening the box, gasping for real this time.

mitchel, clinton, and christian were all major sneaker heads, always trying to buy the most expensive and "cool" pairs of shoes, constantly trying to have the best shoe game compared to each other.

i had overheard an argument about this "rare" special edition shoe that everyone in the world had been grappling to get their hands on for years or so, and only a few people could get them when they released because of the insane prices and such. mitchel coincidentally talked about this shoe a little too much, and my parents coincidentally have way too many connections and way too much money.

it only made sense for me to ask them to do this as a "christmas favor" and my parents were all too happy to get me out of their hair and make me shut up about it.

so that's the story of how clinton was screaming "no way no way no way", and "not fair not fair not fair, he doesn't even deserve those shoes."

and also the story of how mitchel was on the verge of happy tears, in complete and utter shock as to how i managed to do this.

"how....why.....how the hell??" he faltered and stuttered. i shrugged nonchalantly, a little too happy about his reaction. "call me a magician."

a while later mitchel managed to settle down enough to put a present in my lap, still eyeing his new pair of shoes. "i feel like this may suck compared to my reaction," he muttered nervously.

i gave him a look, shaking my head. "the fact you even bought me a present is enough to make me happy," i admitted. "i don't even need anything from you, you already give me everything."

biddi and brian did a little "awww" at this as clinton muttered something underneath his breath. i shooed him off as i started ripping the paper, curious as to what mitchel thought i needed as a present.

it was almost hysterical how alike mitchel and i were. the first thing my eyes caught were a pair of louboutin heels, the red underneath of the shoe visible.

i gasped, my eyes sweeping over to his figure. "these are way too expensive, you shouldn't have."

"so were these," he retaliated, lifting up his new shoes. "besides, that's not the main gift."

i scrunched my eyebrows together as i looked back down at the box, now seeing a small tiffany box. my breath caught in my throat as i opened it up, a small ring looking at me.

"it's not a wedding ring yet," mitchel explained. "it's a promise ring. i promise that you will be my wife one day. i promise to give my everything to you, i promise to make you the happiest girl on this planet and take care of you for the rest of your life. you're the only person i need, lara my heart beats for you. i only have eyes for you and i can't wait to make you my wife one day," he breathed out nervously.

i felt overcome with emotions, genuinely happy. i pitched my body into his arms, wrapping my arms around him. "i love you so much, thank you."

"i love you more princess. forever and ever."