part XI

* mitchel's point of view *

i shut the door to lara's apartment and sat there for a moment, just viewing the door and reminiscing about the actions of the previous night. i heard her beautiful laugh come from within the apartment as christian said something.

part of me was elated. this wondrous girl believed in me just as much as i believed in her. but another part of me had an anger rustling deep inside. laralyn didn't deserve clinton.

she didn't deserve to carry this harrowing incident, induced all because of my brother. and no matter how much we treasured each other, i knew lara and i could never work out.

the moment she laid her lips on clinton's i knew i could never have her. it would be too awkward, and now that clinton has royally fucked it up, we could honestly never be a thing.

i couldn't return her around clinton following that surely. surely she would never even want to see clinton again. the only way this would work was if lara would speak to and see clinton.

i urged that out of my head as the rage set deep within in me. i had to talk to him before i even mused about my future with laralyn. i walked down the apartment walls, brooding to myself.

the ride back home was tranquil as worry overflowed my brain. can he even remember last night? did he come to with a black eye and swelling and just wonder what the hell occurred?

did he not even realize he mentally scarred a girl? i tried to control my breathing, not wanting to get out of hand as i was driving. by the time i pulled up, i was ready to face him.

roaming into the house was a calm solace. he wasn't in the living room so i didn't have to look at his shitty face first thing. i rose up the steps to the second floor and opened the bedroom door, surveying the scene in front of me.

clinton was lying on his bed, an ice pack on his eye while watching some television show, a bottle of advil next to his bed. "just the guy i want to see." he groaned.

seems as if he remembered some of last night. "yeah well you're probably the last person i ever want to see in my fucking life but here we are." i snarled, not able to stop myself.

he pushed himself up with his elbows and raised an eyebrow as he removed the ice pack off his face. "someone's feisty today. maybe even more than you were last night."

"yeah well you seem a lot less sexually frustrated than you were last night." i shot back, still standing in the doorway. he furrowed his eyebrows. "elaborate on that statement."

"so you don't remember then?" i inquired, controlling the urge to beat his ass again. "all i remember is wanting lara to take her dress off for a second and then i think i blacked out and then i came to and you were beating the shit out of me."

"yeah buddy, well you didn't exactly black out. you tried to molest laralyn pretty much." i spit out, not even wanting to think about what she went through cause of this dipshit i had to call my brother.

she was so strong and i admired that about her. he looked at me and laughed. "you're kidding dude. i just asked her to take her dress off." i couldn't believe him.

he's laughing? like it's funny? i clenched my jaw and walked closer to the bed. "you don't even want to see the bruises and grip marks she has cause of you assaulting her. you don't even want to see her swollen face from crying." i growled.

he suddenly realized i was serious. "wait, so did i actually...actually try to do that to her?" he murmured, disbelief and worry coloring his face.

"yes. she was in the worst shape of her life last night cause of you. don't even think about trying to text or call her ever. you'll be lucky if you get to see her face one more time in your life." i uttered, my chest rising up and down from the hatred i felt for him.

he looked down and i swore he seemed as if he had a tear on his cheek but his hand rubbed his face before it could register. "i-i don't understand. i worked so hard to control my anger while drinking. i hadn't been like this in forever." he whispered.

i felt a twinge of guilt for a second. "yeah well, you didn't work hard enough. laralyn never deserved you, you know that?" i muttered. he looked up at me. "what?"

"you heard me." i remarked. "yeah, well i mean it's not like i was trying to date her or anything. she was fun and good at kissing when i was lonely. i didn't deserve her friendship i admit that. she's a nice girl."

i couldn't believe my ears. i glanced up, my voice quivering. "you're a complete asshole. you used her you know that? and she's so much more than nice, but that's all you can say, huh?"

he shot me a puzzled look. "why does it matter to you mitchel? you do the same thing, except you usually just fuck yours a few times and barely know their names."

that stung. i confess i did have sex with a lot of women but i never led them on. and i never had feelings for them. i never really appeared like i had feelings for them either, unlike clinton.

i couldn't help myself but stride to the bed and gaze down on him. "hey clint?" i inquired in a concerned tone. "yeah?" he responded.

"go fuck yourself."

and my fist connected with his nose.

__________

shoutout to el and alicia cause asshole chase is a lifestyle yk. vote and comment please !!