part XVII

his lips were so soft. i swear i couldn't get enough of them. i was straddling mitchel's lap, my hands tugging on the small bit of hair at the nape of his neck.

he groaned into my mouth, drawing me intimately into him and proceeding to kiss me for a while before pulling back. "man, as much as i love this, we gotta stop before something happens. you're kinda distracting me from what i came here to do."

i pouted and poked my bottom lip out in an overemphasized way. mitchel had asked if he could come over to reveal some new music to me and i agreed, always loving to hang out and of course loving their music.

i started to crawl off his lap before he pulled me back. "just cause we can't kiss doesn't mean i don't want you still on my lap babygirl." he bent over to his macbook and typed something with one hand while the other hand held my waist.

i grinned softly. there were no words to explain how i felt about mitchel. he made me lighthearted and gave me every feeling conceivable. he was truly my whole entire heart even though we had only been dating about two weeks.

i put my head on his shoulder, taking in his overfamiliar aroma and i felt his hand come up to run his fingers through my hair while his other hand continued to hunt through his macbook files to obtain the new songs.

he finally breathed out a sigh of relief as he found the first song he wanted to present to me. he clicked on it and when his verse came in, he leaned his head back and sang.

i had never witnessed something so beautiful. the hair on his forehead waving around from his high ponytail as he shifted his head to the beat. the way he licked his lips before crooning out another note. the way his chest slightly flexed under his black graphic tee. the way his black skinny jean clad legs extended out on the couch, and the way his arms encircled me, tugging me nearer and nearer to his body.

i was taken back by the sheer good fortune i had. how many people got to say they had this amazing boy all to themselves? he finally opened his eyes from his singing and peered at me.

"what are ya staring at babe?" he laughed, which was an enchanting sound i couldn't get enough of. "i'm just admiring you." i responded. "well how do you like the song?" he questioned, hope filling in his eyes.

in all truthfulness, i hadn't payed much attention to the song. i was just too distracted by my boyfriend to listen. i grinned though and nodded swiftly. "i loved it. anything with your voice is amazing to me."

he put his hands on the back of my head, drawing my face near to his forehead. "you're magical, you know that right?" he whispered, pressing a faint kiss onto my lips.

"i adore you mitchel. really. i don't know what you see in me or why, but i'm so happy you do see something. cause you really make me the happiest girl in the universe." i murmured against his lips.

he shook his head. "it's crazy how so many people can see all the internal and external beauty in you, but you can't." he looked into my eyes.

"you're truly amazing lara. believe me when i say that." i smiled slightly and shifted in his lap. "i wasn't always the most popular or well liked. i'm not skinny and toned you know," i sighed.

he rolled his eyes, annoyance clouding his face. "who gives a fuck? i have seen your body in its most natural and vulnerable state and i think it's precious and beautiful. either way, who cares about external appearance that much anyway? it shouldn't be that important to everyone. i hate the way you try to validate your own self worth through other's opinions and insecurities." he exhaled, knowing he just ranted at me.

i glanced down. "sorry. i adore you mitch, even your crazy rants." i wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed a perfect kiss onto his lips. he pulled back.

"my crazy rants are always true though," he added. i nodded, knowing he was right. "yes babe. they are always true," i huffed.

he smiled brightly. "i could just stay here forever, you know? having you near me, listening to music, getting to kiss you wheneverrrrr i want." he responded.

i nodded, comprehending exactly what he meant. i wanted to just stay here forever also but a familiar sense of dread filled my stomach. mitchel and the boys were going on tour in 2 weeks.

i would get to come to some shows that weren't relatively too far but the ones across the country were just impossible. i couldn't imagine having to leave him or rather, him leave me.

and not that i didn't trust mitchel, but i knew how the groupies were. he seemed so happy and fulfilled with me, like he would never cheat, but i have to remind myself often that we've only been dating for two weeks.

we only had really known for each other a month and a half, and we weren't exactly best friends for the first month of it. i sighed thinking about all of this, and cast my eyes down.

i didn't want to destroy the moment but it just seemed inevitable. he obviously saw i was bothered and furrowed his eyebrows. "love, did i say something?" he murmured.

i shook my head quickly. "no mitch...it's just i'm thinking about tour." my hand instinctively went to my necklace, the one he got me. i rubbed a thumb over it and breathed out.

he looked at me and put a hand on my cheek. "i will facetime you every night. i'll text you all day and i'll even fly you out to a few special shows. i may be gone for a while but i'll continue to be just as obsessed with you princess." he reassured me, stroking my cheek.

i nodded, shaking off my uneasy feelings. i don't know why i was so worried. "i just never have had such an intense connection. i don't want to lose it." i admitted.

"you'll never lose me, laralyn."

__________

this was just supposed to be a cute lil chapter cause they are a ship fr. thank you guys for reading my book so far!! all the comments mean sooo much to me, and so do the votes!! much loveee, adios ;)