part VII

the first thing i witnessed was mitchel's fist connecting with clinton's jaw. clinton was noticeably still drunk, and he stuttered back with shock as mitchel stalked over him with rage i had never seen previously.

"m-mitchel," i stammered, not certain if i needed to break up this inevitable assault or not. he changed direction at the sound of my voice, his eyes softening a bit when he saw that my eyes were puffy from crying, my hair was untidy, and grip marks and bruises from clinton's demanding hands littered my body.

"perhaps you should leave the room laralyn." he said in a measured manner, obviously attempting not to escalate with anger at his brother. i saw there was pretty much zero i could do to put an end to this by the wild view in his eyes so i just nodded.

"don't hurt him." i murmured, trying to at least see the best in clinton. i stumbled out of the room, shutting the door and retreating to the living room, sitting on the couch.

my head attempted to spin around precisely what happened. i didn't understand how to process it all and as i tried to stay tough, a couple of tears snuck out of my eyes.

that was when christian marched into the room. "can someone explain to me why it sounds like mitchel is fucking killing some-holy shit lara." he choked out, hurrying over to me when he examined my appearance.

he sat on the couch and wrapped his arms around me, holding me. "why do you have bruises all over your arms and why are you crying and what the hell happened?" he said softly, trying to ease my sobs while he rubbed my arms delicately and wiped my tears.

i couldn't help but continue crying with my head in his chest. "c-clinton tried to-" i said before a tremendously furious mitchel came into the room, his hair more disheveled than normal.

"it took everything in me not to kill that son of a bitch i swear." he said, a dark feel in his eyes as he registered me sniveling in christian's arms. "so when is someone gonna explain to me what happened?" christian said, still gazing at me to make sure i was okay and whispering sweet reassurances in my ear.

"clinton tried to fucking rape laralyn pretty much." mitchel spoke in a wobbly tone. i whimpered at his words, attempting to control my crying. "WHAT?" christian screamed, and it seemed like he was about to go finish clinton off himself.

"stop christian." i managed to choke out. "he didn't rape me. he just-" mitchel cut me off. "he just molested you. he touched you in inappropriate areas and bruised you and tried to force you to have sex with him."

i couldn't contend with that. christian appeared pretty revolted. "can i kill him?" he growled. mitchel dismissed him with a swat of his hand. "he's already beaten to a pulp. maybe tomorrow when he's sober."

i bit my lip, trying to dry my tears with my hand. mitchel's cross expression diminished and he walked over to where christian and i were sitting. "let me take you home love." he suggested in a sweet yet concerned voice.

i was thrown by his kindness but i figured he was just being like this cause his brother somewhat assaulted me. i nodded softly, incapable of words. "i'll check up on you tomorrow lara and maybe bring ice cream over." christian said, likely recollecting the time when we disagreed over if yogurt or ice cream was better and i said ice cream.

i couldn't refrain from snickering through the tears and giving him a tight hug. "sounds good," i said. as i was ushered to the car by mitchel, the quiet covered us like a bitter blanket.

i was confident i looked like a hot mess, mascara flowing and hair protruding up, a few bruises masking my arms. as we situated ourself in his car, i viewed the floor, waiting for him to set off driving.

he didn't though. "laralyn." he whispered softly and i looked up. he interlaced his hand with mine and seemed to look through my soul with his eyes. "i just want to apologize for what happened. clinton used to get like this drunk, but he worked on himself and he hadn't been like this in a long time. we figured it was never going to happen again and i guess i should've been more watchful. maybe i could've stopped it before it happened. no girl should have this happen to them. especially not you."

i was familiar with the fact mitchel hated me and was just trying to make up for clinton's actions but it nevertheless felt nice to hear his reassurance. "it's okay. he was drunk." i attempted to convince myself it made it fine but i couldn't get his actions out of my mind.

"lara, that doesn't make it okay." he breathed out, starting to drive, his hand still intertwined with mine as he massaged slow circles over my thumb. the car was warm and his touch was comforting.

the rest of the ride was wordless but in a comforting way. his jaw was clenched as i imagined he was still irritated and he hummed some songs, even his humming appearing beautiful.

as we approached my apartment, he protested for me to let him walk me in. "it would make me feel better. i don't want you getting kidnapped." he said, resting his hand on the small of my back as he escorted me through the complex until we got to my apartment.

i opened the door and walked in, biting my lip and determining to take a chance. i genuinely didn't want to be alone in here right now. "mitchel would you stay the night with me? i know you hate me and i'm not offering anything dirty, i just don't know if i can stand to be alone with myself right now." i murmured self consciously.

he smiled. "oh laralyn...i've never hated you a day in my life," he spoke softly, closing the door behind him as he walked in. "in fact, i think i just might adore you."

____________

I TOLD YALL IT WAS GONNA GET GOOD!! YALL HOES DOUBTED ME, DIDN'T YOU?? okay okay anyway, what the hell did i just write?? tbh even i'm shook and i'm the one writing the book hehe. please please vote and comment cause it means the world to me! much love x