part LVII

*laralyn's pov*

sunrise and sunset. something in it brought an influx of feelings over me. i inspected the dreamy colors as they eradicated every sense of anxiety from me, the uneasy emotions seemingly sucked out of my veins as the sky brought out a swirl of violet and pink dancing before my eyes.

it reflected in the lens of my eyes as i watched with wonder a distinct day form. it was truly so spellbinding to me the way a sunrise could shape a day. the sunrise always intrigued me. the sunrise heralded forth the beginning of a new dawn, a new day.

a day in itself was something to be in awe of. imagine it, really. every day, whether it happens to you or not, something blissful and beautiful happens. two strangers connect and fall in love, a baby is born, a dog is adopted, the renewing of life and human connection seems to gravitate over and over and over every day.

and maybe that prevails over the cynical nature we supposedly have. and just maybe, the sunrise is a beckoning of sanguineness for the new day, the way the delightful colors unfurl for every single person. whether you're asleep in your bed, a dream forming in your consciousness, or like me, you're sitting here and admiring it.

well, i was sitting there, tranquilly delighting in it, until i felt a familiar two arms wrap around me. "baby, what are you doing right now? it's like six in the morning," mitchel's voice grumbled.

i spun around to finally face him, his beauty taking me away even as he rolled right out of bed. his hair was unkempt and dislocated from its usual style, the long chestnut locks rolling down his muscled back.

i realized i was staring, but i couldn't help but admire every minuscule freckle and mark on his pale beautiful body. something about mitchel had been captivating me for what seemed like a lifetime.

i ultimately sighed, letting out a soft breath and kissing his cheek. "i just wanted to watch the sunrise."

"you and your obsession with the sunrise," he murmured, a hint of a smile tugging on his face.

"well yes that has something to do with it, but i really wanted a picture of today's sunrise. it is kind of a special day," i replied gently, turning around to watch it again as he pulled my back to his front.

mitchel tightened his grip around my waist, nodding. "and to think you almost forgot our technical one year," he chuckled softly.

"i wanted to see how the sky thought it was best to celebrate today. sometimes it has the most fitting suggestions for us," i pointed out, my eyes fluttering away from his face and to the skyline again.

i had already taken a picture of the sky a few minutes ago, but i decided to take a mental note of this moment. the sky was currently situated in a beautiful transition of a deep lavender to a streaky fuschia, the sun peeking its head out from the buildings in los angeles.

mitchel had his hands around my waist, his head on my shoulder as i felt the slight tickle of his hair on my shoulder. he was breathing in and out in a very relaxed state, and he had that perfect aroma that he's had since day one lingering on him. mint and cigarettes.

it was february now, which made the morning quite cold, and as i usually liked to be alone while admiring the sunrise, his body heat made this experience ten times better. my eyes flickered from him back to the skyline and i finally figured out what the sky was saying with all of her violet hues and pink clouds.

it seemed less yellow of a sunrise today, and maybe it was my clueless mind that decided she told me today was a celebration of love with mitchel.

"happy one year," i mumbled gently, breaking the comfortable silence between us. he shifted, kissing my ear lobe and down my neck for a moment.

"you know, we technically broke up for a few months last summer," he reminded me, making me slightly wince.

i never liked talking about those times. it was such a disturbing place for us both, and i was grateful we found our way back to each other.

i doubted we would for a while, but souls have a way of intertwining and developing a dependence on the warmth of the other. when both souls rely on each other, it's only a matter of time before they're drawn back to the flame.

"i know we did. but this is still the time we made it official for the first time, and even when we weren't together, we still wanted to be. so let's celebrate it anyway. i mean come on, even the sky is telling us to!" i giggled at the moment, gesturing to the slowly fading sunrise.

"well, i do know of a way we could make this better," he murmured, his large hands slowly pulling me around to face him. he pressed me into his bare chest, his hand coming down to massage my head.

"and what is that?" i questioned in curiousness, fidgeting my promise ring from christmas up and down my finger.

"do you want to move in together? i mean, i already talked to the guys about it and they're fine with me leaving, and i found a perfect place for us, with such an amazing view of the skyline and a balcony just how you like it, and i'm not sure if that's what you would want, but it seems too good to be tru-"

i cut his rambling off with my lips, softly pressing a kiss to his to make him shut his nervousness up and actually let me respond. i pulled away a few moments later, feeling us breathing together as he awaited my response.

"of course i want to move in with you. i was getting sick of having to listen to the boys fight every night i came over anyway," i teased.

mitchel exhaled in relief. "seems like we're finally building a home together."

"one step closer to an eternity with you, mitchel cave."

——————

been in a v creative mood so i will update daily from now on. my readers are very inactive which saddens me that no one is very interested in the book but it is almost completed, with around 5 or 6 chapters left so get all ya friends to read and let's get thru it okay? okay.🖤