part X

maybe i should've asked mitchel if i was permitted to inform christian about what happened. i mean, he seemed to attempt to put on a front earlier for christian when he was leaving, prior to finally determining to at least give me an embrace.

i shook my head, becoming immediately very concentrated with the ice cream in my hand. "nothing to tell." i grumbled. christian laughed so loudly i felt the full neighborhood would be able to hear.

"so you're telling me mitch hates you for a month, then stays the night with you and then gives you a hug before leaving and whispers something to make you blush and giggle, but nothing happened?" he recited.

i examined the floor. okay yeah we were totally caught. "christian, i was just assaulted by clinton, do you really think i'd be having sex with my previous arch nemesis aka his brother on the same night?"

"that's not what i was saying. i'm saying something had to happen. he held your hand, y'all cuddled, he made a confession of his undying love, and so on and and so forth." christian explained, escorting me to the living room so we could eat ice cream and watch tv.

i trailed behind him and remained silent. maybe the ice cream would make him neglect the subject. it was thoroughly working at first too, but following about three minutes of eating, he touched the subject once more.

"laralyn you can trust me. i wouldn't mention any of it to mitch and certainly not to cli-anyone." he swiftly adjusted his words, eyes gazing over at me to see what i did.

"you can say his name." i said softly. "it's not gonna make me have a stroke." i reassured him, obtaining an additional bite of ice cream. "well, how are you doing then? you know, from last night." christian asked.

i glanced up. "i'm sore and kinda scarred for life but you and mitch are great so it's helping. and this ice cream isn't half bad either." i giggled. christian leaned over and put a consoling arm around me as he used the alternative one to continue devouring his ice cream.

"well i'm happy i could help. i'm not giving up on this though, what exactly happened? i really want to know. i get it's your business, but," he did the most sorry puppy dog face i had ever witnessed, "who could resist this?"

maybe i could give away half the truth. "all that happened was i cuddled with him. literally. that's why he felt comfortable enough to give me a hug today. and it's not a big deal cause i've cuddled with you sometimes." i pointed out.

he looked at me. "shut the fuck up laralyn, if you only cuddled with him then why were you all blushy and weird when he left?" i internally groaned. how did christian always fucking know everything?

i rolled my eyes. "i can't help what my face does." i retorted, almost wanting to pour out what occurred but knowing mitchel had a temper of his own, he likely wouldn't enjoy me revealing it to christian.

"yeah well your face represents whatever emotion you're feeling." he shot back with a victorious smile. he stopped for a minute. "lara can i tell you a secret?"

i faced him and nodded. "of course."
"well, i'm madly in love with you." he voiced earnestly, glancing into my eyes. i almost spit out the ice cream in my mouth.

"christian what the hell?" i interrogated. he busted out laughing. "sorry, i was trying to practice the way mitchel did it. so is that how he did it?" i sincerely loathed him sometimes.

"you're a bitch," i rolled my eyes and glanced away. "so mitchel did confess his love then." christian said decidedly. well, he technically confessed his adoration, i contemplated.

"no, he didn't." but i paused a little too long. "laralyn just tell me. does mitchel have feelings that are more than friendship for you? i won't ask anymore and i won't ask what happened or how you found out, and i won't bring it up to him." he sighed.

i viewed the ground for a moment and closed my eyes. "yes he does."

___________

this chapter wasn't that exciting but i love their friendship and how close they are and i felt like i needed some more of that in the book so yeahhhh. vote please and comment what you think is gonna happen nextttt ! mucho love babies x