part XXVII

*mitchel's pov*

i was tapping my foot rather impatiently, witnessing christian go as slow as humanly possible while brushing his teeth. i clenched my jaw and shook my head slowly.

his eyes came up to meet mine as he tried not to snicker with the toothpaste in his mouth. "this isn't funny." i complained. christian finally spit the toothpaste out of his mouth and washed out the remnants of it from his mouth.

"we pick her up from the airport in a hour. it's not a big deal if i brush my teeth." he quipped, pushing past me. i knew they were perturbed at how anxious i was but i truly could not contain how ready i was to see lara again.

tour has been so enjoyable, but being with lara made me so much happier. i could tell she was distressed about me on the road and i knew it would both make us feel a lot better if we were reunited for a few days.

clinton scoffed from his place on the bed when he heard christian's comment. "girlfriends are overrated."

i shot him a look and shook my head. "you have no room to speak ever since last week."

last week christian and i were trying to walk onto the bus but then we were met with a surprise. we swung open the door and there was clinton with his pants half pulled up and boxers barely on and a girl sitting awkwardly on the floor, mascara running down her face. i'll let you think about what was happening there.

clinton glanced down and murmured under his breath. "maybe if you weren't always in my business."

"we were trying to get into the tour bus and it was an hour after the show was over." christian interjected, suddenly joining the fight.

clinton rolled his eyes and muttered something softly before i examined my watch and registered it was almost time to go.  "hold your argument cause we have a girl to pick up." i smiled, leading the way out of the hotel room.

christian shook his head but i knew he was slightly envious. alexa and him had been fighting off and on habitually, and she abandoned her trip to las vegas last week to see him cause she was so pissed at him.

he wouldn't tell us what was wrong but i knew it was taking some kind of toll on him, and witnessing lara and i doing so well no doubt wasn't easy on him. i patted his shoulder as i walked beside him and we hopped in our uber.

the ride to the airport was restless as i kept bobbling my knee up and down from excitement. fuck, what is this girl doing to me?

clinton put a hand on my leg and glanced at me. "you just can't wait to get some action finally, can you?" he snickered. the uber driver looked back at us and i slapped his arm.

"no, i actually care more about women than just the look of their bodies or how good their head game is." i whispered under my breath to him.

clinton shrugged and looked up. "head game first, then i can know all about her daddy issues. it's simple priorities."

i was about to slap his arm again before the uber arrived and i thanked him silently before gliding out of the backseat. the airport was crawling with people and i quickly strode to whatever place she texted and said she would be at.

when we emerged, i sat at the little waiting area until the plane let the passengers off and then i watched expectantly until i saw her off first thing.

even with her hair pulled up into a ponytail, scarcely any makeup, and a cute little tracksuit on, she still looked stunning. i watched her eyes gaze the cluttered area until she saw me and squealed.

i stood up as she ran towards me, pitching her body into mine. "mitchellllll!" she gasped in elation as her arms folded around my body and she buried her head in my arms.

i laughed at her reaction and kissed her forehead, feeling her grip me tighter like she feared i was going to disappear if she didn't. she finally looked at me and i leaned in, grasping her lips in an emotional kiss.

i heard the boys groan behind me but i paid them no mind as i drew her closer to me as we kissed. she eventually pulled back and smiled, biting her lip. "fuck, i've missed that more than you will ever know."

i nodded, agreeing with her words. i couldn't believe i ultimately had her in my arms. it seemed like it was the only thing i could dream about on tour, and now i was finally feeling her warm caress.

she gave me another soft kiss before gazing past me to see a patiently waiting christian. "kras!" she squealed again, and i snickered a bit at her animation.

she ran to christian next and gave him a comforting hug, and christian wrapped his arms around her. i wasn't jealous whatsoever, i knew christian would never try anything and lara was devoted completely to me.

i actually thought their friendship was somewhat adorable and it was good she had another friend in la now that her and jessie weren't as close. she told me they made up but obviously their relationship isn't the same and christian is much less toxic of a friend to have than jessie.

she interrupted my thoughts when i saw her pull her head out of christian's embrace and look at clinton. she half smiled and reached out her hand, giving him a handshake.

"nice to see you clint." she said, a rigid and uncomfortable smile on her face. she was friendly to him but their friendship was nowhere close to her and christian's. and i couldn't say i blamed her precisely.

clinton nodded his head and shook her hand. "always nice to see you. i can't wait to hear y'all fucking in the room next to me." he retorted.

laralyn shot me a look and ignored his comment, moving to stand beside me. i intertwined my hand with hers, rubbing her thumb with mine lightly.

"we're finally together."

_________

i usually update after i hit 100 reads on my chapters so that's why it took me a while to update :( but they are back together ayyy yes bitchhh!! leave me some lovely comments and maybe a few votes??