part LI

*mitchel's pov*

it was the beginning of october, which quite frankly made it one of my favorite months. it was obvious i wasn't an enormous fan of summer, and something about the fall air made me feel like myself again.

oh yeah, and we always threw a wicked halloween party.

i set my glass of beer down with a clink, observing clinton and jesse in my slightly buzzed state. "it's a shame kras couldn't make it to the party."

"we're at a chili's at 2pm getting drunk, this is hardly what i would call a party," clinton snapped back, his gaze displacing from the football game on the television at the bar to me.

jesse shrugged, swallowing a particularly large gulp of beer. "anything with alcohol involved is considered a party to me."

"see, jesse gets it. why don't we make the most out of the drinks?" i continued, tapping my fingers on the tabletop.

"there isn't much to make the most out of when the beer is completely overpriced," clinton laughed sardonically, his eyes sweeping over to the pamphlet that advertised beer for way too much.

jesse shrugged. "beer is beer."

"you are my soul mate jesse boyle," i said in serious tone.

jesse opened his mouth to respond before an absurd buzzing noise rang out and clinton fumbled to pick his phone up. he answered the phone and brought it to his ear, the first words that came out of his mouth consisting of, "what do you want christian?"

the conversation continued like, "...we're busy...no, we aren't drinking...i've only had two so i'm basically sober...ok, i'm a little buzzed...mitchel is a lightweight, don't even compare me to him...the party is in two weeks...so this can't wait...fine, we'll be there in half an hour."

jesse squinted his eyes as clinton hung up the call. "where exactly will we be in half an hour?"

"party central. so we can pick up party stuff with christian and see his 'surprise'," clinton resolved, annoyance clear in his tone.

i leaned back, draining my glass of its last drops of beer. "what do you think the surprise is?"

"something dumb," clinton sighed, waving our waiter over to us and paying.

soon we were outside the chili's and climbing into an uber, headed to the party central store.

jesse was like that annoying dog sometimes that was up for whatever you wanted to do. he was leaned back in the seat of the uber, arms behind his head as he hummed some annoying tune.

i sighed, rubbing a hand through my braided hair as clinton chattered about everything he could think off. it was largely comical how people thought he was the sedated one, when in reality you could never get him to shut the fuck up.

after a while more of this torture, we finally pulled up the store, and i practically dove to get out of the car. i entered first, swinging the door open as the other two trailed behind me.

i tried to find christian near the front but of course he was probably hiding in the back somewhere. it was typical of him. we strolled through an aisle of rubber halloween masks before i spotted the familiar blonde hair of kras. but what was next surprised me.

his "surprise" was someone i thought i had seen the last of.

he spotted me, waving us over rapidly. "hey guys!"

clinton snickered softly, patting my shoulder as we made our way to him and i gave him an awkward smile. "uh, long time no see alexa."

she turned her plump lips up into a smile and nodded. "yeah, it's been like five months!"

the last i had heard of, alexa broke up with christian because she believed he had a thing for my girlfriend at the time, lara. it made this meeting kind of awkward.

christian gave us a grin. "well, your boy is no longer single!"

i heard jesse virtually choke at this news but quickly disguised it as a cough. "wow, really? how did that happen?"

alexa cut in suddenly, her eyes glued to the ground. "i know i made some mistakes in the past. i wasn't in the right state of mind, and i know now that laralyn and christian were never involved. in fact, i'm pretty sure she's been involved with everyone except for him," she laughed.

my eyes narrowed at the last sentence. "excuse me?"

"alexa babe," christian said softly, "mitchel and her are um..back talking."

she looked between me and him and coughed awkwardly. "i'm so sorry, fuck. i didn't mean it in a rude way."

"how else would you mean it exactly?" i laughed bitterly.

"listen, this is dumb," christian interjected. "i'm happy, you're happy mitchel, and we both have amazing girls. let's focus on the big picture here."

i shot alexa one more glare before turning my lips up into a faux smile. "you're right kras. we sure are blessed."

she grinned back at me and turned to the halloween decorations. "so i think this one would be cute for the party."

they all started babbling about the party that was to take place in a few weeks and i stayed quiet, my head trying to process this information. about fifteen minutes later christian excused himself from group and motioned for me to follow him.

we strolled to a different aisle and he instantly put a hand on my shoulder. "i did it, so when are you going to?"

"what?" i questioned, even though in the back of my mind i knew what he was talking about.

"i cuffed my woman, so when are you cuffing yours?"

i sighed and focused my eyes on a bloody mary costume to the right of me. "i'm not sure."

"don't waste time with it mitchel. you're meant to be," he reassured me.

"yeah, i guess so," i acknowledged, his words swimming through my brain.

we joined the group again, yet the prospect of finally being official with laralyn couldn't leave my mind.

____________

we been knew this was gonna happen like alexa and kras are SOUL MATES ok ? ok. vote and like and comment and all that jazz tyvm