4 - Fragile

taehyung focus:

jimin and taehyung walked to the cafeteria together after class ended, hoseok and namjoon waved them over to their table.

"You guys look like you've come back from the dead." Hoseok looked up from his lunch tray.

"Class made me like this. We have two tests tomorrow and mr.suho is a devil." Jimin rolled his eyes before sipping on his chocolate milk.

"Just study, it's not that hard y'know." taehyung tried not to laugh as he bit his sandwich.

"yeah, but I'm not smart like you taebear."

"I mean, well, you can be. If we act like brothers and basically are, doesn't that mean we have the same dna and you should also be 'smart'?"

"never mind, you aren't smart and please remind me as to why I'm still your best friend." Jimin mumbled under his breath.

"because you love me!" taehyung flashed his signature box smile and Jimin ruffled his hair.

"dickhead."

"asshole."

the four laughed happily, having a good time, forgetting about their stressful lives momentarily.

jungkook focus:

"earth to kook, hellooo." yugyeom waved his hand infront of his face, snapping him out of the trance he was in.

"huh, oh what?"

"what's up with you, kook?" jaeyoung rolled his eyes at the confused boy.

"what'd you mean hyung?" Jungkook stuffed his face with some rice.

"you haven't been giving attention to the girls lately and you haven't smoked in ages!" Jaeyoung shouted at him.

"oh, well, whatever. people change sometimes, hyung... maybe I want to quit smoking and recently I've begin to question my sexuality. girls just don't do it for me antmore."

"If you're gay, there's still guys who drool over you and they still don't get any fucking attention."

"that's true kook, you always give attention to that one bitch. what was that loser's name again?" yugyeom pretended to think, his index finger began to tap his chin in a mocking manner.

"he's not a loser. he's just different and very interesting, I must say." jungkook said as he ate some of his instant noodles.

"then how would you feel if we beat him up-" yugyeom jokingly said but was cut off by a sudden force.

jungkook got up from his seat and grabbed yugyeom's collar, anger taking over him.

"don't you dare lay a finger on him."

jungkook himself didn't know why he became so protective of taehyung when his friend was only joking.

"o-okay calm down kook, I think he's looking this way." yugyeom nervously looked at everyone in the cafeteria who now had their eyes on them.

"what's happening?" hoseok asked with wide eyes as he tried to look through the crowd.

there was a pair of brown doe eyes that caught jungkook's attention, the only pair of wide eyes that made him realize what mess he was in again.

he let go of yugyeom's collar, clenching his fists before walking off hurriedly, away from the unwanted attention.

"w-wait, jungkook!" taehyung's heart was racing, his palms now sweaty. oh, if only he could explain to someone of how much of an effect the ravenette had on him.

taehyung focus:

Is he okay, what happened..?

jungkook was headed in the boys' restroom direction and that's where taehyung followed him until.

he walked in while looking around the empty space nervously, eyes on the look out for a certain male.

"jeungguk...are you in here?"

taehyung's breath got stuck in his throat when he saw jungkook sitting on the floor of the bathroom, his back against the wall.

he stood there for a second, lost in his thoughts as he stared at the younger.

the other noticed the chestnut haired and cracked a smile at his behavior.

"hey, princess."

taehyung coughed, clearly embarrassed with himself and sat down next to the troubled boy with rosy cheeks.

"are you okay?"

he spoke so softly, so carefully, like he was afraid if he spoke too harshly, jungkook would break.

his concern was so genuine.

everything about kim taehyung was so unreal.

"don't you wanna run away from me?" jungkook swallowed an unfamiliar lump in his throat, turning his head to meet the older's sincere eyes.

taehyung almost moved away from the close proximity, but something urged him to stay in his place and not back down.

"I don't need to run away from someone who's probably just misunderstood."

Thank you for reading :) 💜